02/16/14, 06:41 AM   #1
BlackBear

Smile What class are you playing?

I would guess a lot of you have played the Beta now.

Which class did you play and which class did you enjoy the most?

Personally, I like the templar. The off-healing and self sustain is nice and I like to be in the face of my enemies. Also, the charge ability is so much fun in PVP combined with the knockback javelin.

Definitely going to play a Templar tank/charger when ESO releases.

What about you?
02/16/14, 06:54 AM   #2
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I haven't tried all the classes yet but out of the Templar/Nightblade/Sorcerer ones I tried favourites are Templar and Nightblade, both with the healing options and ultimately a few points in the crafting elements.
02/16/14, 07:24 AM   #3
Swarog

Imperial tank. First build (discuss).
02/16/14, 10:17 AM   #4
Maddogmargarita

I played a Nightblade Argonian with Resto staff and Siphoning to level 9 and a Templar Dunmer with Resto staff and Restoring Light to level 13. I was able to use Solar Flare from the Dawn's Wrath line toward the end of beta and it was a fun spell with a cool animation. It had a cast time though but I think you can morph it to be instant.

Didn't heal any full groups just my husband whole time (who is very gung-ho gogogo so I got some good practice)

I liked both and I can't decide what I want to play at release!
02/16/14, 10:24 AM   #5
Shroudeye

Nightblade with a dash of resto. Min/Max with Argonian
02/16/14, 05:25 PM   #6
AlleyKat

Not playing, gonna stop playing until 30th March, brb busy

Last edited by AlleyKat : 02/16/14 at 05:30 PM.
02/16/14, 08:28 PM   #7
PeterRJG

I had the most fun in beta with a Nord Templar and a Bosmer Sorcerer. At release I'll probably start a Breton of some type. Usually do go Breton in ES games.
02/16/14, 09:48 PM   #8
ElChristo

I cant decide .

I played mostly a Nord Templar. Had a good time, and I like the Templar abilities. Being a decent tank, or a good healer. But I tried out a Nightblade and I loved it.

I usually play the Paladin archetype. But I really like the sound of the Nightblade class abilities. I'm going to have to flip a coin the day of release.
02/16/14, 10:13 PM   #9
Nynaeve

I've mainly been playing Nightblade, though I did have quite a bit of fun on a baby bow-wielding Sorc, which surprised me, because I really don't enjoy DPS characters, usually.

I'll likely end up playing a tank, in the end, just not yet sure what class.
02/17/14, 07:07 AM   #10
ESOljl

Thinking about

Nightblade, either Dark Elf or Argonian

or

Sorc, Argonian whose focus is Restoration Staff.
02/17/14, 03:43 PM   #11
DROG VOKUN

At first I was a nightblade and owned solo battles....problem is...I'm a PVP guy and PVP will be group based. So I changed to a support dragonknight wielding a lightning staff and resto staff for backup.
02/18/14, 09:52 AM   #12
Abardomas1

Talking

Breton Sorcerer Healer
02/18/14, 02:52 PM   #13
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Cairenn is always a [Wood]Elf archer, or the closest approximation possible, in any game I play.
02/18/14, 03:12 PM   #14
gamegenius86

Cant decide (waiting to hear what friends are gonna play).

Sorc (Healer) - vs - Dragonknight (Tank)

I am also waiting to hear what the exact benefits (skills-wise) will Imperials have, to figure out whether i want to go Imperial or another race that is more beneficial to the class role.
02/18/14, 09:46 PM   #15
Relampago
http://esohead.com/races/10-imperial
03/07/14, 08:43 PM   #16
Soyel
Nightblades

I am going to play 2 Nightblades. 1st one a Dark Elf other will probably be a Wood Elf. However, I am an uncontrollable altoholic so I am sure I will eventually have something other than a Nightblade
03/09/14, 07:07 PM   #17
Cyrus
Wink Templar Healer Restoring Light and Restoration Staff

Breton Templar, One hand and shield with restoration staff. I was very aggressive trying to learn the healing and buffing capabilities of the Templar.

Restoring Light = here is my combo for this skill line. Ultimate -Remembrance (morph Rite of Passage), Lingering Ritual (morph Healing Ritual), Radiant Aura (morph Restoring Aura) Passive: Light Weaver- effects these three skills even morphed.

Restoration Staff = (to go with Restoring Light Combo) Healing Springs (Grand Healing morph) Mutagen (Regeneration morph) and Quick Siphon (Force Siphon morph)
Passives = Restoration Expert and Restoration Master

For your basic rotation this is the best healing set up- some magika, some stamina, all good heals and Radiant Aura to help keep your stamina up for Heaking Springs (HS gives 130 Magika/player affected) Mutagen and Quick Siphon and also if you need to block or sprint during the battle.

For all out Healer and Buffer mode keep flip weapon to restoration staff still for second set of skills: (Restoring Light) Cleansing Ritual, Rune Focus and (Restoration Staff) Blessing of Protection and Steadfast Ward. Put Radiant Aura in 5 spot here too and Remembrance in Ultimate just in case. Between these two set-ups you can heal, buff and debuff a ton. Sprint when you need to, and block well also.

*Edit
FYI I was healing and buffing ungrouped random players getting kill leveling experience, skill experience, mob loot and quest advancement from never actually killing a mob myself. So in theory, you could make it to level 50 and max your healing and buffing skills without ever killing a mob directly yourself. That is amazing. I didn't say feasible, but it could be done in theory. I spent a few points in the dawn's
wrath line to kill mobs myself, but i tried to buy the least I could just to see if I could do it. and I could no problem.

Last edited by Cyrus : 03/09/14 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Edit Note on leveling
03/09/14, 10:05 PM   #18
Cyrus
Templar Healer Survivor PvP lvl 50 Build

Previously, I discussed basic healer/buffer strategies. In this post I wish to modify that build somewhat to give some good survivor skills.

Templar: One Hand/Shield and Restoring Light and Restoration Staff
Race: Imperial
Armor: 5 MA 2 LA
Skill Points = 25 HP, 9 MA, 15 STA

Aedric Spear = Puncturing Strikes, Piercing Javelin, Sun Shield, Radial Sweep

Dawn's wrath = none

Restoring Light = Breath of Life (Rushed Ceremony morphed), Lingering Ritual (Healing Ritual morphed), Radiant Aura (Restoring Aura Morphed)
Ultimate = Remembrance (Rite of Passage morphed)
Passives = All Passives

One Hand and Shield = Puncture* (skill up only), Absorb Magic (Defensive Posture morphed), Shielded Assault (Shield Charge morphed),
Power Slam (Power Bash morphed)
Passives: Fortress, Sword and Board, Deadly Bash, Deflect Bolts

Restoration Staff = Grand Healing* (skill up only), Mutagen (Regeneration morphed), Quick Siphon (Force Siphon morphed)
Passives: Restoring Expert, Cycle of Life* (optional), Restoration Master

Medium Armor = Dexterity, Wind Walker, Improved sneak
Light Armor = Evocation, Recovery, Spell Wrding

Racial (Imperial) = Shield Affinity, Tough, Conditioning, and Red Diamond

One Hand/Shield Slotted Skills = Shielded Assault, Power Slam, Absorb Magic, Blazing Shield, Radiant Aura, (U) Crescent Sweep

Restoration Staff Slotted Skills = Mutagen, Quick Siphon, Breath of Life, Lingering Ritual, Radiant Aura, (U) Remembrance

I favor higher Stamina Builds because it increases your survivability, not only for the skills, but for added blocking and sprinting capability.

Another reason I favor this build is because it gives you options for PvP, Raids, off tanking, and soloing.

For more survivor skills you can put Skill Points into Medium Armor passives Improved Sneak and Athletics.

Also, having a medium armor look may cause some PvPers to overlook you at first as a main healer, haha!

Last edited by Cyrus : 03/12/14 at 09:58 PM.

ESOUI » General Discussion » Class Discussions » What class are you playing?