02/17/14, 01:43 PM   #1
Relampago
Red Diamond vs Robust

Interested in theorycrafters prognostications on the two skills in a projected 10 min "boss" fight.
02/17/14, 01:56 PM   #2
Callsign
Originally Posted by Relampago View Post
Interested in theorycrafters prognostications on the two skills in a projected 10 min "boss" fight.
Red Diamond is considerably a better racial that Robust.

Red Diamond is a separate entity, meaning that it won't be affected by another stat or mechanic that will make it any less valuable. It will always be a guarantee that you will have a 10% chance to restore health on melee swing.

Robust is a 15% increase to health regen, which can be capped, quite easily I might add, is affected by other health regen passives you may take in skill trees, and is affected by the amount of health point stats you put into attributes and gear, making it less valuable, if not the worst possible racial to have, over time. Also, to note, racials that have an "in combat" effect associated with them are even less valuable.

I'm guessing you are trying to determine between an Imperial and an Orc (or Nord, or one other), which is better as a tank/melee character? A 10 min fight in ESO is highly unlikely, even on a "boss" fight. The game mechanics are not really designed for fights that last more than 3-5 minutes.

Last edited by Callsign : 02/17/14 at 02:13 PM.
02/17/14, 03:42 PM   #3
ablueman
Originally Posted by Callsign View Post
Red Diamond is considerably a better racial that Robust.

Red Diamond is a separate entity, meaning that it won't be affected by another stat or mechanic that will make it any less valuable. It will always be a guarantee that you will have a 10% chance to restore health on melee swing.

Robust is a 15% increase to health regen, which can be capped, quite easily I might add, is affected by other health regen passives you may take in skill trees, and is affected by the amount of health point stats you put into attributes and gear, making it less valuable, if not the worst possible racial to have, over time. Also, to note, racials that have an "in combat" effect associated with them are even less valuable.

I'm guessing you are trying to determine between an Imperial and an Orc (or Nord, or one other), which is better as a tank/melee character? A 10 min fight in ESO is highly unlikely, even on a "boss" fight. The game mechanics are not really designed for fights that last more than 3-5 minutes.
I think Red Diamond is the better of the two. But it is only a 10% chance of up to 6hp even with something like +% incoming healing and scaling, im not sure its going to make that big a difference, potentially as a Dragon Knight or haste nightblade ...
02/17/14, 04:28 PM   #4
Callsign
Originally Posted by ablueman View Post
I think Red Diamond is the better of the two. But it is only a 10% chance of up to 6hp even with something like +% incoming healing and scaling, im not sure its going to make that big a difference, potentially as a Dragon Knight or haste nightblade ...
I believe the amount of Health restored will scale with level like the other racials do. I think it will be important enough to get if you want to be a tank, along with the other racials the Imperials offer, but I do not favor RNG mechanics like it. If it weren't for the fact that I know that health regeneration will get capped easily, the Imperial race would be in the debate pool of races for tanking, even thought the other two are quite powerful.
02/17/14, 05:17 PM   #5
Relampago
Yes it was Orc vs Imperial considerations. Thanks for the feedback. Looks like i will put my preorder imperial edition to good use then.
02/24/14, 10:32 PM   #6
PrimalSteam

Of course, you could go Redguard and get Adrenaline Rush (not to mention stam amount and regen soft caps with minimal effort), be able to block and roll dodge a little more often and just trust your healers to make up that health regen.

I suppose it might make a difference if we're talking PvE or PvP too. Whether or not there will be a healer taggin' along full time.

ESOUI » General Discussion » Class Discussions » Red Diamond vs Robust