05/23/14, 06:14 AM   #1
Baranthus

Question Add-ons out of date in-game????

Hey guys and gals

I just downloaded and installed the latest patch. I then fired up the game and opened up the add-on box: everything was showing as out of date. So I fired up Minion - that showed that an Auto-update had taken place. Restarted the game asfresh - add-ons still showing as bout of date. What gives? Can anyone help please?
05/23/14, 06:31 AM   #2
CrazyDutchGuy

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Patience, not every addon developer has updated yet their addons. For the moment tick the out of date option. If no errors just elave it on till every addon is updated. If an addon is not updated for a week to the new version, bug the addon dev
05/24/14, 06:49 AM   #3
skyraker
The API update didn't seem to affect most of what was used previously (think I only saw one or two depreciations with the note that they weren't usable anyway), so you should be okay to use anything that went out of date on this update.
06/25/14, 11:22 AM   #4
Desdemonte
Seems a lot of authors no longer play this game. I have out of date add-ons dating back to the Craglorn patch Too bad.....
06/25/14, 01:14 PM   #5
@AlphaLemming

In Germany i came at home at 07:30p.m. after a long working day, start downloading the 4GB patch and then reading this ...
06/25/14, 02:54 PM   #6
Flamage

As the author of Librarian, I've intentionally left my addon out-of-date, as the latest patch breaks a lot of stuff regarding saved variables and the result can be a complete loss of all my addon's data. Once we have a resolution on whether or not the changes are permanent, I'll be updating my TOC and hopefully these measures will have prevented a few more users from losing all their books.

I'm not aware of any other addons yet that suffer from the "invalid string value" bug, but I imagine for those you'd not want to enabled them right away.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Add-ons out of date in-game????