11/05/14, 01:25 AM   #1
klaro00

How to get the item's icon or texture when buying/selling

Good morning!

I'm using the events EVENT_SELL_RECEIPT, EVENT_BUY_RECEIPT and EVENT_BUYBACK_RECEIPT to keep track of vendor transactions. Those events send the "name", "type" and "quantity" of sold or bought items.

I would like to display the item icon (in the chat window), so I need the texture or at least the icon string. How do I get this information? Starting point are the event handler function for the mentioned events.

It seems to me as if the "name" part of the mentioned events is a string in item link format. My approach was looking for a way to convert the item link into an icon string or texture with help of a API function. None of the item link functions returns an icon or texture. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Klaus

Last edited by klaro00 : 11/05/14 at 01:32 AM.
11/05/14, 06:24 AM   #2
merlight
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
* GetItemLinkInfo(*string* _itemLink_)
** _Returns:_ *string* _icon_, *integer* _sellPrice_, *bool* _meetsUsageRequirement_, *integer* _equipType_, *integer* _itemStyle_
11/05/14, 12:26 PM   #3
klaro00

Great! I exepected this API functions in the Item Link section, that's why I didn't find it. Many thanks!

// Klaus
11/05/14, 12:31 PM   #4
Garkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by klaro00 View Post
Great! I exepected this API functions in the Item Link section, that's why I didn't find it. Many thanks!

// Klaus
It is just a list of newly added functions.

ESOUI documentation is attached to this post: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/135893/

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » How to get the item's icon or texture when buying/selling