Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
02/25/19, 06:28 PM   #1
BSKCorp
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Wanting to Learn

O so I am sure there is a few threads with this very question buried within these forums but my few searches have came up empty. I have been trying to learn LUA. I have followed many guides and all and I have a very basic understanding of coding just from messing around with Minecraft Mods/Plugins in java as well as figuring out very crude fixes for addons like Wykkyd's full Immersion and Profile Settings. But This update has really broken many addons and some are not even going to be updated. I would like to give back to the community and make some of these addons work again, but I can't seem to figure out how to get LUA to work in Windows.

So to you fellow devs, can you help me figure out what i am doing wrong and get a LUA parser (I think that is what it's called) to work in Windows so I can learn how to code in LUA and help the ESO UI Community and keep some of our most favorite addons going?

A little insite as well, I have built a lua.exe command console using tdm gcc, lua 5.3.5 and a build script. Even though I can open the Lua program I can't run any commands in there. Would I be better off using a IDE? Thanks in advanced to anyone that can offer some words of wisdom.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Wanting to Learn