04/25/14, 06:25 AM   #1
Vizeroh
[Request] Quest 'Finder' / Locator

It'd be really awesome if there was an AddOn that displays, just like Skyshards, and Lorebooks does, the location of where a quest is at. Right now I'm at a lost where to find some missing zone quests. I've been all over the map, clearly I'm missing a corner, or something isn't spawning correctly, but it'd be nice.
08/17/14, 06:56 AM   #2
Lucifer66
Yeah, This is an old post and I didn't want to post a new one but I think I know what the OP meant but never got a reply to.

I want this too. A quest tracker that show quests you HAVE NOT DONE YET. See I'm going back to complete quests in some zones that I missed for the achievments and as you may or may not know they are really hard to locate. You can spend hours or even days wandering around trying to find them and it would be awsome to have an addon that simply checks against a list of ones you have completed against ones you have not started.

I think the quests tracker addons available should be able to be modified to make this happen since, I think, they check against some list to guide you through the quests, don't they? With everyone wanting to get more achivements now to get the new dyes and this is one of them, I think this is something we all can use.

What do you authors think? Can you make something like this? Or is it just too much hassle and are we all doomed to keep wandering aimlessly around searching for these missing quests?
08/17/14, 07:04 AM   #3
Garkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I think it is easy to find all quests you need if you are using addon Destinations. It will mark all unexplored point of interest on your map.

If you really want leveling guide which will leads you through all quests in the area, try Zygor's Leveling Guide.
08/17/14, 08:45 AM   #4
Lucifer66
Well that might be good, expet I've already been all over the zone. That addon showed nothing. What I need is something that pointed me right to the quests that I haven't done yet. Is that not possible?

Last edited by Lucifer66 : 08/17/14 at 08:49 AM.
08/17/14, 02:38 PM   #5
Tonyleila

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Lucifer66 View Post
Well that might be good, expet I've already been all over the zone. That addon showed nothing. What I need is something that pointed me right to the quests that I haven't done yet. Is that not possible?
This can't be... Destinations shows a red cross everywhere where you have not been and compleded all quest. Also if the Icons on your map are still filled black instead of white it shows you have not compleated all quests there. Go to that place and look at your compass for a Quest symbol
08/18/14, 06:06 AM   #6
Lucifer66
I don't see anything on my map that wasn't there before. I looked in the option and it says it will place an X over map icons that I haven't visited. Well I see no Xs anywhere. OK look I'm a level V2 and I came back to a level 30-35 area to complete quests that I had not done before for the achievement. I'm missing 2 quests in the zone from the first time around so I have been all over the map and somehow missed 2.

That is why I wanted an addon that shows all the quests I not done yet. Still no one answered my question I have been asking from the start.

Can someone make an addon or modify a quest tracker that shows the quests you have not completed. Is it possible?

I appreciate the help, but it seems to me one that does specifically what I asked for would be much more efficient for the task at hand. Since quest trackers use a list of quests it seems to me a simple modifcation could be made to make them show the ones you have not done yet on the map.

Last edited by Lucifer66 : 08/18/14 at 06:42 AM. Reason: spelling

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » [Request] Quest 'Finder' / Locator