04/29/19, 07:19 AM   #1
zabelking
Unhappy Minion cannot connect to internet

Hello,
I stopped play eso during a time, and now when i try to launch minion it cannot connect to internet: "Minion is unable to connect to the internet. Please check your firewall, security & proxy settings. Please visit our Help & Support page for additional information."
Can you help me please, i don't have any antiirus and i allow minion in window defender .
Attached Files
File Type: xml minion.xml (601 Bytes, 623 views)
File Type: log minion.log (45.5 KB, 631 views)
04/29/19, 04:39 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Check your windows proxy settings. btw. Microsoft Defender IS your antivirus tool.
Open WIndows Firewall too and add Minion to teh Whitelist/exclusion list. YOu can find youtube videos how to do this if you search for "windows firewall allow programm" e.g.

Be sure to start Minion as administrator and use the 32bit version (even if you are on a 64bit OS).
04/29/19, 05:29 PM   #3
zabelking
I already did all this. I even try to turn off window defender and firewall bit nothing work. And i have not any proxy.
04/30/19, 04:18 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Your log file says the following after trying to connect to the minion servers:
Code:
IOException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed
If you search online for this you might get answers.
e.g. http://www.littlebigextra.com/how-to...lderexception/

Seems to have to do with a security certificate which the encryption protocoll of the https connection Minion tries to establish uses.
The certificate ensures that the encryption is valid but the OS is not able to save the certificate somewhere on your disk (tried to explain what I understood).

Are you sure you have started the file with administrator privilieges?
If so you need to check the links if you search for the problem, there are some guys describing what to do to possibily solve this.

Maybe Dolby is able to help you here as this might be related to a Minion specific certificate and the links only show descriptions for other software!
Please write a PM to Dolby and ask for assistance.

Last edited by Baertram : 04/30/19 at 04:23 AM.
04/30/19, 07:17 PM   #5
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
If you visit https://api.mmoui.com/v3/ in your web browser do you get any security warnings? It almost looks like something is messing with our ssl cert on your end.
04/30/19, 11:33 PM   #6
zabelking
no, nothing wrong. This website work
05/02/19, 02:48 AM   #7
LaRIC
Premium Member
Premium Member
If you are going through a transparent proxy then you most likely have the certificate for that proxy in your windows certficate store.

However java doesn't use that certificate store and might not have that transparent proxy certificate.
You would need to use a java test tool using the same java that minion is using to make sure it isn't a certificate issue.
05/02/19, 04:41 AM   #8
zabelking
When i go on minion property, it say that "Good Game Mod LLC" does not exist. And when i try to upload it nothing happen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	minion screen.png
Views:	1029
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	1118  
05/04/19, 10:27 AM   #9
zabelking
no one else can help me ?
05/19/19, 11:03 PM   #10
Filthy
I had the same issue

I had the same issue, I tried all the usual suspects, reinstalling minions, deleting add-ons, reinstalling manually etc.

In the end, it is because I live in a country with paranoid internet firewalls. Once I used a VPN and then started minion, everything worked fine. So even if its not your antivirus, it could be your provider or country etc.

USE A VPN when you boot minion.

Worked for me
03/17/22, 02:13 PM   #11
Amma Rokk

When I run Minion I get the message:
Minion is unable to connect to the internet.
Please check your firewall, security & proxy settings. Please visit our Help & Support page for additional information.
I haven't changed a thing and it was working perfectly fine yesterday. Added Minion to Firewall pass through since it was suggested. I don't use proxy. I've tried running Minion as Administrator even if I haven't needed to that but that gives the same message.

The url in the message for "our Help & Support" points to http://minion.mmoui.com/details.html#Help which gives page with the message that This site can't be reached. If I go to the Minion website's help page https://minion.mmoui.com/?details#Help it doesn't contain useful or helpful information for this situation.
03/17/22, 02:39 PM   #12
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
http://minion.mmoui.com/details.html#Help is reachable perfetlcy fine for me:
https://i.imgur.com/Qg8aZpy.png
But should be actually the same as https://minion.mmoui.com/?details#Help

Try the following from the Minion sticky "troubleshooting" guide (https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8082), as Minion is a java application and updates of Windows or your Java Runtime Environment, or even your Internet Provider, might change the prefered connection type of IPv4 to IPv6 (type of network addresses. IPv4 is older and you might know it from websites or LAN connections, it's this 123.123.145.345 format / IPv6 is a newer standard that is providing more numbers as the amount of internet conected things and devices increased a lot so higher values then IPv4 can provide are needed):

Close Minion!
If Minion is not able to connect to the internet try to open a Windows CMD prompt (press WINDOWS KEY, type cmd, right click found entry "Command prompt" and choose "Run as administartor") and enter this command:
Code:
setx _JAVA_OPTIONS -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
Press the return key then.
It will change the prefered "Java"'s IP usage type to IPV4 again and often fix such issues

Restart Minion then.
03/17/22, 02:50 PM   #13
Amma Rokk

Did that. Still the same.
Attached Files
File Type: txt MinionLog2Days.txt (63.0 KB, 212 views)

Last edited by Amma Rokk : 03/17/22 at 02:54 PM.
03/17/22, 04:12 PM   #14
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Hm, I can only repeat what Dolby asked for in a post above:

If you visit https://api.mmoui.com/v3/ in your web browser do you get any security warnings? It almost looks like something is messing with our ssl cert on your end.
Else I'd be lost here. Maybe your Internet Provider somehow blocked something.
Or your Anitivurs or other tools interfere.
Or you have some unwanted tools installed all of sudden which use a proxy to tunnel your network but you cannot see it with your Antiirus (which hopefully is not the case).

Do you have access to a VPN? Some other user above mentioned using a VPN to change your IP address that way could unblock Minion from your ISP (if this is the case here).
03/17/22, 05:28 PM   #15
Amma Rokk

I get "Working " visiting that page.
I haven't installed anything nor changed anything since everything was working yesterday. Don't think my ISP has suddenly started blocking Minion. Don't have access to VPN. I'll do some tests - hopefully find solution.
03/18/22, 01:01 AM   #16
Nirtox
Exactly the same issue. May I guess - Russia?
Since we have paranoid anti-VPN measures, I wonder if this happens only here. Unfortunately, I don't have standalone VPN to check. https://api.mmoui.com/v3/ - is working even if my VPN on browser is off.

EDIT: suddenly, it works again. I don't have a slight idea what was going on
EDIT1: not working again.
What is the address that minion tries to connect on the launch?

Last edited by Nirtox : 03/18/22 at 03:15 AM.
03/18/22, 06:30 AM   #17
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Sames as www.esoui.com afaik
Check the Minion.log file it should tell you what is tried to reach there and if it fails the message says check your internet connection/proxy.

I could well think of any problems by your ISP or government if you are located in Russia, yes.
03/18/22, 12:48 PM   #18
Amma Rokk

Today is everything working and no problem at all. I have no idea why. But I'm happy.
PS: I'm not in Russia.

Last edited by Amma Rokk : 03/18/22 at 01:05 PM.
03/18/22, 03:16 PM   #19
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Let's hope it was a local ISP problem for you then which was solved by the ISP, and it never comes back
03/23/22, 07:17 AM   #20
blackweb
Minion 3.0.5 and ESO Connection Issues Fixed

Originally Posted by zabelking View Post
Hello,
I stopped play eso during a time, and now when i try to launch minion it cannot connect to internet: "Minion is unable to connect to the internet. Please check your firewall, security & proxy settings. Please visit our Help & Support page for additional information."
Can you help me please, i don't have any antiirus and i allow minion in window defender .
Minion 3.0.5 has been unable to connect to the internet for the past 3 days on my Windows 11 desktop. I have also been having with issues with disconnecting and reconnecting constantly in games, especially ESO. I have also had issues in ESO with slow login, slow switching characters, slow changing zones with multiple disconnects during the process.
  • I have tried the following ways to fix this:
  • Install the 32-bit version of Minion.
  • Install the jfx version that requires a local Java installation.
  • Check my firewall settings.
  • Uninstall then reinstall minion.
  • Checked my network connections and Network setup.

When I checked my network connection, I noticed that WiFi and ethernet were connected to the internet, despite the fact that I use a hard-wired ethernet conection on my desktop so I do not need WiFi. I checked to see if Minion was working on my WiFi-connected gaming laptop and it is so the problem is not WiFi so it must be having two active network connections.
  • I took the following steps to make sure that WiFi connections were disabled on my desktop:
  • Unchecked "Connect Automatically" on my desktop's WiFi connection.
  • Turned off WiFi in Windows 11 (there is a software switch in Win 11).

I attempted to start Minion 3.0.5 64-bit and it immediately connected to the internet and listed my currently installed ESO AddOns. I then logged into ESO, selected and loaded a character quickly without any issues. Logging into eso is much faster and I did not experience any disconnects while doing so. Minion and ESO connection issues fixed!

Last edited by blackweb : 03/23/22 at 07:23 AM.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion cannot connect to internet