02/13/24, 04:16 AM   #1
Anceane

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
spam of in function 'PostHookFunction' 128+

Is there a way with just that error, to know which addon is concerned ?

actually i did a search in files (whole AddOns folder) to see if one or more was using this.

The result is probably not coherent as it says

C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\AdvancedFilters\AdvancedFilters.lua (1 hit)
Line 1368: [C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'
and i never had any issue with this addon and anyway this is part of a -- part of code, so it should not launch an error

Libdebuglogger mentions the error. I tried to use the logviewver of this addon, but i am blocked by antivirus and malware as soon as i try to open the page.

Code:
        [8] = 3195224089,
        [1] = 1707800858571,
        [2] = "2024-02-13 00:07:38.571 -0500",
        [3] = 1,
        [4] = "E",
        [5] = "UI",
        [6] = "C stack overflow: too many (128) nested C function calls.\n",
        [7] = "stack traceback:\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'\n[C]: in function 'PostHookFunction'",
    },
Any info about what to do would be helpfull.

(Before posting in the forum, i checked that each of my addons was up to date, that all the libraries needed were up to date too.
I eliminated 2 addons that i downloaded recently, but the error still going on.

After the 128+ alerts i need to quit the game, as some basic functions do not work anymore as right click on my portrait, on any items in the appearance menu or outfits)

Last edited by Anceane : 02/13/24 at 04:21 AM.
02/13/24, 05:30 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Hi Anceane,

I get that error too sometimes even if AF is disabled! So as you said it's no related to AF.
E.g. if I use BeamMeUp's feature to port around between zones and unlocj wayshrines, there are a lot of loading screens in short time.

I think it happens because of ZO_PostHook and/or SecurePostHook usage somewhere where it is done too often (maybe some addons forgot to check if the hooks were done and repeat it several times).

Do you have the total LibDebugLogger.lua file from your SavedVariables where the error happens? Maybe you can zip it and attach here to the forum post?

I'm trying to find out what the cause of this erros is since a while now, and others too, and so far we did not find out what it is. Maybe some addons in combinations, and I bet it only happens after you zoned or reloaded the UI mutlple times, isn't it?
Or did you find a way to reproduce this directly after login?
We would be very interested into your loaded addons list then (LibDebugLogger.lua SavedVariables file).

After the 128+ alerts i need to quit the game, as some basic functions do not work anymore as right click on my portrait, on any items in the appearance menu or outfits)
It normally is enough for me to just press RETURN key and write /reloadui and then RETURN again.
If this does not work try RETURN key and write /logout and RETURN again -> to get to char selection screen.
02/13/24, 03:08 PM   #3
Anceane

i added the zip file to dropbox, and i send you the link below

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/83o00...9r752kshx&dl=0

Its the more recent one with the error mentioned

I hope this will be helpful

Thank you for answering me and also for the how to suppress the error
02/13/24, 03:20 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Link to the uploaded LibDebugLogger file of Anceane:
https://sir.insidi.at/or/logviewer/989pIV

According to the log files, and HarvestMaps log info "player acitvated, check zone change", my guess was right and it happens after zone changes.
e.g.

2024-02-13 06:07:33.329 -> Player activated message of HarvestMap
2024-02-13 06:07:38.571 -> Error message

other error message timestamps:

I'm still not able to see what addons are the same, seems to be a combination of addons using hooks...

Last edited by Baertram : 02/13/24 at 03:32 PM.
02/14/24, 08:21 AM   #5
Anceane

i am at your disposal if you want me to test different combinations of addons

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » spam of in function 'PostHookFunction' 128+