09/08/15, 05:51 PM   #1
Sp00sty
1.7 FPS and loading screen death - ZOS says all addons fault?

ZOS seems to want to just blame addons and force me to just play without any addons to get the game to run right.

I've been gathering all the updates but even with swapping addons in and out I am still getting 999+ char load pings and freezes after reloadui.

Has anyone gotten anything from ZOS about what they have done that is making addon use so difficult?

I'm happy to keep trying diff combos of addons or no addons to resolve but if ZOS has spilled the beans at all it might help me decide which I can try to live with or not.
09/08/15, 10:41 PM   #2
Fyrakin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Sp00sty View Post
ZOS seems to want to just blame addons and force me to just play without any addons to get the game to run right.

I've been gathering all the updates but even with swapping addons in and out I am still getting 999+ char load pings and freezes after reloadui.

Has anyone gotten anything from ZOS about what they have done that is making addon use so difficult?

I'm happy to keep trying diff combos of addons or no addons to resolve but if ZOS has spilled the beans at all it might help me decide which I can try to live with or not.
There were undocumented changes in API as well as new additions that made some add-ons significantly slow down UI. There are still performance issues with ESO client itself. Add-on developers have a limited ability to verify/profile their add-ons on a wide range of systems/platforms as well as combinations with other add-ons. I would suggest you to start from identifying the problematic add-on and asking for help.
09/09/15, 04:44 AM   #3
Sp00sty
Thanks Fyrakin,

Ive been following your updates and comments and have tried to group addons that might be related in issues from the API, pin calls for maps for example, and quest/progress calls or ones that query the client continuously, and loading/pulling them in blocks.

It looks like I'll have to go back to load/pull each one individually until I find either a single major culprit or the specific grouping that mitigates the issues as best can be done.

And continued thanks to you and the other authors that still have the desire and patience to try to keep up with ZOS known and unknown changes.
09/09/15, 08:01 AM   #4
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
Originally Posted by Sp00sty View Post
Thanks Fyrakin,

Ive been following your updates and comments and have tried to group addons that might be related in issues from the API, pin calls for maps for example, and quest/progress calls or ones that query the client continuously, and loading/pulling them in blocks.

It looks like I'll have to go back to load/pull each one individually until I find either a single major culprit or the specific grouping that mitigates the issues as best can be done.

And continued thanks to you and the other authors that still have the desire and patience to try to keep up with ZOS known and unknown changes.
Can you tell me which addons you are using and the size your saved variable files? The saved variables will be in Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\SavedVariables.
09/09/15, 10:37 AM   #5
Sp00sty
Do you need the saved variable size for each individual addon or just the total?
09/09/15, 11:02 AM   #6
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
The total would be fine. Also what framerates are you seeing and how long is a reload ui taking?

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » 1.7 FPS and loading screen death - ZOS says all addons fault?