04/27/16, 01:15 AM   #1
@AlphaLemming

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[implemented] Champion Point Display

On the PTS i saw, that now the whole champion points are visible for each player.
I find it questionable, especially for new players who could be assessed by ... and mostly poor.
A good option could be to make the display in four (selectable) phases:

Level 1-50 (can be a forced display)
CR 1 - 160 (can be a forced display)
CR 160+ (for those who don't want to show it)
Real CR (for those who want to show it)

A point from my older whishlist, just to remember and possibly find the way in the next release:

SetSkillAbility(skill,skillLine,skillId) for tooltips in a version like SetSkillAbilityId(abilityId)

04/27/16, 02:21 AM   #2
Wandamey
or can wait and see if Zos listen to feedback on this, this seem to be very unpopular. And the feel on PTS is more like an alpha test for now (no offense )... it's all empty, no nodes, no sounds... really hope it's no gonna stay in this state.

04/27/16, 03:10 AM   #3
Ayantir

You should report your feedback throught Official PTS forum or /bug, you'll have more audience.

04/27/16, 04:13 AM   #4
@AlphaLemming

I have no access to official forum .. after some (very stupid) ticket sessions with the helpdesk to get a valid invitation code (because my original was expired) i gave up.

04/27/16, 07:43 AM   #5
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
Just to see if I'm getting the nature of this feedback correctly, the concern is that people will be judged based on their champion point total and prevented from doing things like joining groups or guilds or just generally harassed?

04/27/16, 08:48 AM   #6
sirinsidiator

I think revealing the CP should be seen as a chance. Right now veteran ranks don't really tell anything about the experience of a player. With the CP being visible, we can tell how long a player has been around, which gives a good insight about what to expect from them. The most frustrating activity in ESO is doing a dungeon run with a pug group that continues failing because somebody does not know what he is doing and refuses to listen under the banner of being a casual. If I only have a set amount of time, I don't want to fail because of someone who lied and keeps messing up. Doing a learning run with someone is IMO a different type of activity and as it takes time, it is not something I want to be forced to do because of this behavior in many individuals.

For Cyrodiil it is also very important to know, because it tells you if you stand a chance against someone. It would be neat if you could add the monster difficulty visuals to players with 100+, 200+, 300+ and 400+ CP.

So hiding them completely should definitely not be an option. Limiting the display to the cap is definitely worth investigating, as it does not have any merit to know more than that he has 501 and it may end up being an issue for some people. Hiding anything below the cap is just unfair because it makes it hard to assess the real strength. Maybe allow to hide the exact number, but still show the range of hundreds, like 1xx, 2xx etc?

EDIT: People being denied to join a group or guild will always happen. If they don't show the CP and somebody doesn't want them to join based on this metric, they will find other ways. Always.

04/27/16, 08:51 AM   #7
@AlphaLemming

Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
Just to see if I'm getting the nature of this feedback correctly, the concern is that people will be judged based on their champion point total and prevented from doing things like joining groups or guilds or just generally harassed?
Exact. I have made some unpleasant experience with this kind gamers and my girlfriend. If possible, ZO can prevent such behavior with my suggestion.

Originally Posted by sirinsidiator
EDIT: People being denied to join a group or guild will always happen. If they don't show the CP and somebody doesn't want them to join based on this metric, they will find other ways. Always.
You are right. Thats a point but perhaps ZO may find a satisfactory solution.

Last edited by @AlphaLemming : 04/27/16 at 08:56 AM.

04/27/16, 12:42 PM   #8
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
I'll pass this on to our UI designer.

04/27/16, 03:53 PM   #9
@AlphaLemming

Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
I'll pass this on to our UI designer.
Thank you!

04/28/16, 02:09 AM   #10
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I don't think it's a matter for the group if the cp are shown or not.

I "only" have about 360 Championpoints. But I'm playing since the BETA arrived.
It's a time matter. But having only this lower number of CP does not say anything about my way of playing imo!
I'm experienced and I listen to what my group leader says.

04/28/16, 10:36 AM   #11
Wandamey
i'm having some of the opposit issue, i got 160 cp+ at level v8 because of not playing much after IC and constant enlightment, and nowhere near to have enough skill points to have the same skills/passive not to mention crafted gear as a v16. And that's just my main...

So yes, i'd would be kicked for being a sucking v16 in any group. And I would kick myself if i didnt know better that one number doesn't define everything.

also if i'm not mistaken, the cp are not even shown for alts with lvl < 50 where the change would have been interesting (in pvp essentially)

Last edited by Wandamey : 04/28/16 at 10:51 AM.

04/28/16, 07:27 PM   #12
Randactyl
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
I don't think it's a matter for the group if the cp are shown or not.

I "only" have about 360 Championpoints. But I'm playing since the BETA arrived.
It's a time matter. But having only this lower number of CP does not say anything about my way of playing imo!
I'm experienced and I listen to what my group leader says.
That's the idea for people with a brain. Most though want to breeze through everything and having 501+ champion points makes it much easier when people of that mentality often share this playstyle:

04/29/16, 05:02 AM   #13
Wandamey
And I thought that "Qwertying one's face" meant "falling asleep on the keyboard"

04/29/16, 07:31 AM   #14
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Hahaha, nice pic :-) Explains a lot!

04/29/16, 08:24 AM   #15
merlight
Originally Posted by Wandamey View Post
And I thought that "Qwertying one's face" meant "falling asleep on the keyboard"
I googled "literally facerolling game" and found this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNuWIZZaysU

edit: ugh! youtube link get auto-wrapped in [ url ] tags but doesn't show up at all. Look it up yourself, then

Last edited by merlight : 04/29/16 at 08:26 AM.

04/29/16, 08:29 AM   #16
merlight
@Dolby: Invalid HTML produced by my above post:
xml Code:
  1. </div>I googled &quot;literally facerolling game&quot; and found this:<br/>
  2. <a href="https://<div style='margin: 5px;'>
  3. <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mNuWIZZaysU?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  4. </div></div>
  5.         <!-- / message -->

04/29/16, 08:55 AM   #17
sirinsidiator

Is that what a healbot looks like IRL?

@merlight
maybe because of the newly activate youtube tag?

At least that one works without a problem.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Wish List » [implemented] Champion Point Display