04/05/16, 11:16 PM   #1
vandel212
List of Item Types

Hi, I was wondering if there is a list of item types (of how ESO classifies them) somewhere out there. The reason I phrase it that way is because this list Item Types is a bit different from what the API extracts from the item. For example:

"Kuta" is classified as a "Rune Aspect" but in the link I provided, it's called "ITEMTYPE_ENCHANTING_RUNE_ASPECT".

Now you might just say, well remove "ItemType_Enchanting", and you are all set, but I wouldn't know if that is the case for the other items in the list. For example, is "ITEMTYPE_GLYPH_ARMOR" supposed to be "Glyph Armor" or just "Armor"? That's sort of the issue I'm running into with these item types.

Please keep in mind, while I am a gamer myself, I don't really play ESO, so I'm not super familiar with naming conventions in the game, I'm just writing an addon (and inventory management system) for my girlfriend who is a GM, and has to manage a lot of different items.

Any help is appreciated.
04/06/16, 03:58 AM   #2
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hi, the values you linked are constants that are returned from the API for all functions that return the ItemType.
ITEMTYPE_ENCHANTING_RUNE_ASPECT has a value of 52 for example, but in your code you don't want to use magic numbers, so you have these constants.

"Rune Aspect" is the English localization for the ItemType. You can get the localization by using the GetString function.
To get the appropriate string for an item type from an item link you can use the following code:

Lua Code:
  1. function GetItemTypeLabel(itemLink)
  2.   local itemType = GetItemLinkItemType(itemLink)
  3.   return GetString("SI_ITEMTYPE", itemType)
  4. end
04/06/16, 05:21 AM   #3
merlight
You can check the ingame list with Torchbug

type /tbug in chat
switch to Strings tab
type ITEMTYPE in filter field
should show you all item types with translations
04/08/16, 07:31 PM   #4
vandel212
Got it!

Got it! This was exactly what I need. Should anyone need the list, I attached it to this response (CSV).
Attached Files
File Type: txt ESO Item Types.txt (1.5 KB, 639 views)
04/08/16, 08:08 PM   #5
antihax
Cannot remember how i am generating this list but i have a live version here: http://antihax.net/api/itemTypeList

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » List of Item Types