08/03/21, 02:56 PM   #1
Hissatsu
Addon to display duration of an ability (like Shadow Image)

Greetings!

The game by default seems quite inconsistent with what abilities it tracks. For example, it will track a DOT that might have as well expired if the target has died (like Venom Arrow), but it won't track an ability that has a certain duration like Shadow Image.

Is there an addon that allows tracking abilities that game does not? Or maybe it would be simple to make such an addon?
08/03/21, 03:00 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The addons can only get the same info as "the game" does
They rely both on the same "game's" API!

There already exist addons that track abilitys and durations, where you are able to whitelist/blacklist etc.
Action Duration Reminder (shows skills used on your backbar and their cooldown + reminders)
Srendarr -> Allows to specify whitelisted buff Ids (abilityIds) and put them on different boxes, for your customized tracking needs)
BuffTimers2
CombatAuras
etc.

Just search the addons for ability, buff, track, bar, cooldown, proc, and other similar search terms
08/04/21, 01:06 AM   #3
Hissatsu
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
The addons can only get the same info as "the game" does
They rely both on the same "game's" API!

There already exist addons that track abilitys and durations, where you are able to whitelist/blacklist etc.
Action Duration Reminder (shows skills used on your backbar and their cooldown + reminders)
Srendarr -> Allows to specify whitelisted buff Ids (abilityIds) and put them on different boxes, for your customized tracking needs)
BuffTimers2
CombatAuras
etc.

Just search the addons for ability, buff, track, bar, cooldown, proc, and other similar search terms
Thank you. Problem is... kinda... solved.

Very wierd. I tried every addon. Only Action Duration Reminder actually worked. Others just don't see the thing, just like the default UI.

Other thing is, it's bugged in a peculiar way. Normally with Shadow Image, you don't know if you've used it or not. Ability creates a shadow for X seconds. Second click of the ability teleports you to it. This does not cancel the shadow, so the shadow is still active, but it's no longer portable to. Normally it's hard to keep track of. But with this addon, after you've used the teleport, it forever goes on the back bar, even if you're on the bar with the ability! So it's kinda letting you know that, abeit in a strange manner!

Since you're proficient in making addons, could you guess what could be the reason? I'm a programmer myself, and even dabbled into WoW addons n the past, but I don't know any ESO addon specifics.
08/04/21, 03:50 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Talk to the author of the addon, he manually adds special skills and may be able to help here to remove the skill on the backbar once it was used with the 2nd usage AND the morph of the teleport is given at your toon.
I know he had worked on some skills "manually" to fix (non-given/wrong/missleading) API stuff.

btw: ZOs vanilla UI tracking of skills is kina inspired by Action Duration Reminder And it lacks a lot of features the addon got + special treatment the addon does since years for the special skills.
08/06/21, 12:36 PM   #5
Omikon
Bandits UI has the duration also though I never tried to configure it like for shadow image.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Addon to display duration of an ability (like Shadow Image)