07/22/19, 10:28 PM   #1
Chronichavoc
Flash ads interupt typing

I am have some serious issues with the flash ads on this site. they make it very difficult to post on the forums or comments on add-ons. Every time a new ad pops up it resets my text cursor in the middle of typing causing me to scroll randomly through the thread or close out my post entirely. Any suggestions on how to fix this? Can provide more info if needed. If this has been addressed in another thread please post link. Thank you.
07/22/19, 11:04 PM   #2
NeuroticPixels
Addon Addict

Premium Member
Email [email protected] and be specific.
They'll want to know which website (esoui.com) and which ads are bothering you and how they're interrupting your use of the website. Screenshots can be helpful.
I've had to message them recently as well, and got a quick response.
07/23/19, 06:42 AM   #3
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Hi Chronichavoc,

Sorry to hear you're having this annoying problem. Can you take a picture of the ads showing when this happens. Does this happen only when the ads change or randomly? What web browser are you using?
10/05/19, 10:16 PM   #4
Chronichavoc
Hey Thank you for the quick replies. Sorry it has taken me so long to check them. It looks like you have made some changes that fixed the problem but just to follow up. I am using Firefox and it was not happening with any particular ad, only when the ad changed from one to the next.

I did notice today that occasionally an ad that is larger than the others comes up and resizes the ad container causing my screen to scroll while reading posts. The only one I noticed is one by clothing monster.
10/18/19, 10:28 AM   #5
proedude
these ads are insane. I can't view any pictures - the vids are always in the way. I get interrupted when typing. I can't download cause the vids are over the download button.

This used to be an awesome site - now I dread having to research something because of the excessive ads.

I'm just frustrated. Things should be 'simple'.
10/18/19, 10:33 AM   #6
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
There must be something wrong then, sorry for the trouble and hopefully we can figure out the issue you're having.

Can you tell me what web browser you are using? Can you take a picture of your screen and attach it here?

I browse the site regularly with ads on in Chrome & Firefox and don't encounter any issues so I'd like to find out what your setup is like so I can reproduce the issue so that I can fix it.
10/26/19, 07:49 AM   #7
proedude
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
There must be something wrong then, sorry for the trouble and hopefully we can figure out the issue you're having.

Can you tell me what web browser you are using? Can you take a picture of your screen and attach it here?

I browse the site regularly with ads on in Chrome & Firefox and don't encounter any issues so I'd like to find out what your setup is like so I can reproduce the issue so that I can fix it.
I'm using Chrome. You are telling me you honestly do not see the multiple videos playing that overlay the content of this site? These videos cannot be disabled, turned off, minimized, or otherwise removed from existence?

The ones to the top and the right are not so horrible, but the one in the lower right corner is on top of everything I want to see, particularly the pics from the developers showing what their addons are used for.

I have ad blockers and they are not helpful here at all.
10/26/19, 08:34 AM   #8
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
This is what the ads looks like to me on chrome...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-10-26 at 9.32.41 AM.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	169.1 KB
ID:	1180  

ESOUI » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » Flash ads interupt typing