06/24/18, 11:09 AM   #1
Jerkling

[Question] Changing ability icon possible?

i was just wondering if it is possible to change the image for the icon an ability uses? i'm particularly interested in whether the icons for the Grim Focus morphs Relentless Focus and Merciless Resolve could be swapped as i feel the purpleish icon looks much more like the magicka version of the skill.
06/24/18, 02:25 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5258

-> Function
Lua Code:
  1. RedirectTexture("/esoui/art/buttons/gamepad/xbox/nav_xbone_a.dds", "/esoui/art/buttons/gamepad/ps4/nav_ps4_x.dds")

Sometimes buggy though. You'd need to find the texture names via the addon zgoo by using /zgoo mouse above the action slots and search for the child controls of the type CT_TEXTURE or CT_BUTTON. They have some functions like GetTextureNamePath or onClickedTexture, onMouseOverTexture etc. which show you the .dds filenames.

Be sure to logout after you changed the textures in your addon code AND delete the file shader_cache.cooked in the c:\user\username\documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live directory or the textures won't exchange properly!
06/26/18, 02:29 PM   #3
Shinni
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Be sure to logout after you changed the textures in your addon code AND delete the file shader_cache.cooked in the c:\user\username\documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live directory or the textures won't exchange properly!
I want to stress this part. This also applies when deactivating your addon. Be prepared for bug reports where users disable your addon, but the texture does not revert to the original.
06/26/18, 02:25 PM   #4
Jerkling

great, thank you so much, Baertram.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Graphics Help » [Question] Changing ability icon possible?