06/12/14, 06:57 AM   #1
Aluluei
Exclamation Fixed my Minion stuck on loading screen problem

Like several other posters, since the most recent update I have been unable to use Minion because it hangs at the loading screen (not the splash screen, I mean the screen where it is loading configuration). I had tried running it as admin, uninstalling and reinstalling, to no avail. When reinstalling Minion I got a message saying that a more recent version of the Visual C++ redistributable was already installed. When Minion would hang, I would quit the problem by clicking the X icon in the corner, but it would not correctly quit -- although it would not show under Running Programs in Task Manager, it would appear in Processes and have to be manually killed. Minion was not keeping any log files (they were empty files).

After reading through several threads of suggested fixes, none of which had worked in isolation for the OPs, I fixed the problem by doing the following:

1. Uninstall Minion
2. Uninstall Visual C++ 2010 redistributables. I had both x86 and x64 versions 10.0.4.0219. Note: when uninstalling the x64 one I got a message saying that Razor Synapse had to be stopped in order to complete the uninstall.
3. Reboot computer
4. Update Java. I had V7 Update 55; updated to V7 Update 60.
4. Reboot computer again
5. Reinstall Minion from a fresh download of Minion2.0.9a-beta.exe. It downloaded and installed Visual C++ x64 version 10.0.30319.

Minion now works, and is no longer stuck on the "loading global configuration" step. Razor Synapse also seems happy. I have a vague memory of Synapse updating itself recently, so I'm wondering if that could have been the source of the new version of the VC++ redistributables, which Minion apparently doesn't like. Unfortunately I didn't take a note of the install date for the 10.0.4.0219 versions which I had prior to following the above steps, however I don't remember seeing that message about already having a newer version when I originally installed Minion about 2 months ago.

I hope this helps others having this problem, and/or helps the developers to track down the problem.

Last edited by Aluluei : 06/12/14 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Clarity
07/01/14, 05:58 AM   #2
BlackBear

Thanks!

Unfortunately it did not solve my problem (still stuck at splash screen - the grey screen with "Minion" written on it).
But thanks for posting how you fixed your problem, it was worth a shot for me at least.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Fixed my Minion stuck on loading screen problem