10/21/19, 10:41 AM   #1
Maelynn
Easily See Armour Type

I'm often scrolling through the gear tab in my bank, to see which ones my blacksmith can take out and which ones are for my clothier. Or just to see what armour I can grab with a certain alt, without accidentally taking the wrong armour type and lose passive bonuses.

Sometimes the names give it away (linen, steel, etc), but often I have to check the tooltip to see if it's light, medium, or heavy. It gets awfully tedious, and I find myself wishing there was a way to instantly see what the armour weight is of the gear that's in my bank/inventory.

I was curious if there's an addon that already has this option, or perhaps one that doesn't have it but where it would make sense to request implementation. Could anyone give me some insight?
10/21/19, 10:44 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
AdvancedFilters - Updated
It adds subfilters below the standard filters like armor gets light, medium, heavy and you got additional dropdown boxes where you can add plugins like "only stolen items", "only bound", "only quality magic" etc.
Works at normal inventory and crafting tables.
And works together with other addos which filter items like FCOCraftFilter, FCOItemSaver, DoItAll so that only the currently shown (filtered) ones will be maintained/moved/changed

Additional you can use Inventory Insight from Ashes to check the alt's inventory even if you are logged in on another char. It got some armor filters as well but it's a new UI so it can be used in addition to your normal inventory UI.
10/21/19, 11:45 AM   #3
Maelynn
I already use Inventory Insight, mainly to be able to search for items. With all those alts and a bank and a storage coffer, I easily forget where I stashed what. Never seen the option to make the differences between light/medium/heavy visually distinguishable in that addon, though. Besides, the fact that II is another window wouldn't help me anyway, because I'd still have to find a banker to pick up the gear I want - and then scroll through that list again for the item I chose in II. That would be even more tedious than checking the individual tooltips for all the gear I have in my bank.

Thanks for the suggestion regarding Advanced Filters. I had a look, but it seems one of the libs is buggy atm - so I'm going to wait with trying it out until that's fixed. I'll make sure check back a few times.
10/22/19, 08:45 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
What lib is buggy?
LibMotifCategory?
This was and will be buggy for years but does not make the addon not work. You can wait if you want but I'm not going to address or fix this in the next months I think. It ONLY affects the dropdown filter for Motifs (unknown, known).
Everything else is working just fine. So just try it out.

Please use "AdvancedFilters - UPDATED"
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...s-Updated.html

Last edited by Baertram : 10/22/19 at 08:48 AM.
11/23/19, 02:16 AM   #5
Maelynn
It's been a while, but I still wanted to let you know that I decided to give Advanced Filters a try and it does exactly what I want it to do. It's not just the buttons for light/medium/heavy armour, but also the ones for weapon types that are really useful for when I want to check possible upgrades for alts. Thanks for convincing me to look past the big scary warning text, haha.

The known bug about resetting a filter but still showing the filter button highlighted is slightly confusing (but only until I remember it exists), the not yet listed bug that produces an error when switching tabs after deconstruction is one that I'll make sure to report on the addon page as soon as it happens again so that I can copy the error. Other than that, it does indeed seem to work just fine. Thank you!

Last edited by Maelynn : 11/23/19 at 02:18 AM.
11/23/19, 03:43 PM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
You are welcome.

I never got any error at deconstruction tab.
If you get one be sure to also test without other addons enabled and please test which of your other addons may be causing it then so one can hunt it down.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Easily See Armour Type