08/19/17, 05:05 AM   #1
manavortex

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[fixed] Inconsistent crafting level on scroll

This has been a nuisance forever, and since the AddOn I used to fix it broke with the crafting API changes, I thought I'd bring it to your attention again.

Let's assume I want to craft a CP120 set in Light Armor.

I select Voidcloth and add enough of it to get CP120:

I scroll to feet and they are CP140:

I adjust it to 120 and happily craft on - ending up with CP110 panties:

That is because the number of material added stays constant and the level is calculated from that.
I have not wasted too much material because of that (I [s]have[/s]had an AddOn running) for that, but it's somewhat counter-intuitive and doesn't follow the use case. Would you mind investigating?

Edit:
I would very much like the crafting interface to be persistent between crafting stations as well. Let's face it, most of the time it's "I want 5 parts of Ganklord's Mercy, CP160, Edgelord Style, all Impenetrable, heavy chest and medium legs, and two Gift of Wrobel staves, CP160, Nirnhoned, Edgelady Style". Right now, exiting and re-entering a crafting station resets all my selections, which is especially annoying because the list of styles I have to scroll through gets longer and longer...

Thank you for your consideration.

Last edited by manavortex : 09/20/17 at 02:19 AM.

08/19/17, 05:30 AM   #2
Ayantir

Do agree that this bug is really boring. It's maybe a 2y old one..

08/19/17, 08:38 AM   #3
Rhyono
I've hated that bug for quite some time now but I haven't hated it enough to try to fix it on my end. Is prioritizing by hate something everyone else does as well?

08/19/17, 10:18 AM   #4
syzgod
Originally Posted by Rhyono View Post
I've hated that bug for quite some time now but I haven't hated it enough to try to fix it on my end. Is prioritizing by hate something everyone else does as well?
If you can fix it easily somehow I'll be happy. Would help a lot in crafting gears for alts for leveling. But I made a mistake once and since then I double or triple check when I'm crafting low gears.

08/19/17, 01:13 PM   #5
Dolgubon

You could check out my addon, Dolgubon's Lazy Set Crafter, if you're crafting gear. It'll let you select a level for all the gear you're making.

08/19/17, 01:41 PM   #6
syzgod
Originally Posted by Dolgubon View Post
You could check out my addon, Dolgubon's Lazy Set Crafter, if you're crafting gear. It'll let you select a level for all the gear you're making.
Have it but I'm not crafting that often yet. I might have a closer look then. Thanks.

08/20/17, 02:24 AM   #7
manavortex

Dolgubon: I'd love to see this in LazyWritCrafter until ZOS gets around to fixing it

08/20/17, 08:52 AM   #8
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
He** yeah, ZOs, please fix this BUG finally in 2017!!! Shouldn't be too hard to find and fix this as it's easily rebuildable and was brought to your attention since years now

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Bug Reports » [fixed] Inconsistent crafting level on scroll