07/26/20, 07:45 AM   #1
galena22
HarvestMap all pins gone

I have been playing with HarvestMap for a while. About a month ago all my pins disappeared and I had to start again, though my custompins had remained.

Today, after all the hard work again, my maps are bare once more. This time, all my custompins have gone too.

I can't see why this is happening. I hardly have any addons (Tamriel Trade Centre and HarvestMap) and I've always downloaded manually not Minion (it caused HarvestMap to give me everyone's data when I just wanted my own pins).

Any help would be appreciated. It's so disheartening.
07/26/20, 10:27 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
At the very first I'd check the addon's comment section and FAQ, addon description of the addon.
Some addons got a first sticky comment with instructions what to do and check.
Follow these, and the FAQ/addon description.

As 2nd I'd check if the addon's needed libraries/dependencies are up2date to the newest versions.
Install and update them eacht time before playing to make sure they are updated and working.
It's the same like installing the addons. Only updating the addons, but fogetting the dependencies, might run you into such trouble!

If you are sure the addons and librraies are all up2date to their newest version, check if the ingame settings and addon versions in the ingame addon manager show the correct version numbers (compare them to the websites here).

And then you could check if you get any error messages uplon login, which might be the reason some addons break and refuse to work properly (not showing pins on maps but settings menus work e.g.).

At last:
Addons store theire settings, and thus your saved pins you have discovered, in the SavedVariables.
It's in the folder "SavedVariables", name <addonname>.lua where <addonname> is a placeholder for the folder name of the addon they belong to, e.g. HarvestMap.lua or similar.

Backup these files every week e.g. to be able to go back to these backups if you notice somehting not working as it should. Maybe it will save you the work to collect pins again.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » HarvestMap all pins gone