09/26/14, 06:16 AM   #1
DarthFett11

Macros for chat messages?

I've been looking around for a bit now but haven't seen anything that works like I'm looking for (at least that I can tell).

Is there a way to create macros that not only have an emote attached but also speech?
For example:

/bow
/wait 2
/say hello.

I've seen a few addons that allow macro creation (Wykkyd's Macro and SyncPhrases) but Wykkyd's doesn't allow speech to be configured (at least that I can make work) and SyncPhrases looks like it has been abandoned.

Mainly trying to find something workable for my guild leader so he doesn't have to type out a paragraph each time someone asks him about the different branches of the guild.

If this already made or viable then awesome. If not then I'll go QQ in a corner somewhere.
09/26/14, 06:49 AM   #2
Wykkyd
Are you Wykkyd Gaming?

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It isn't that Wykkyd doesn't allow. It's that chatting was nerfed. Addons can't do it properly anymore. If it was allowed, Wykkyd's Macros would have it. If chat messages could come from addons, I'd resurrect pre-nerf War Tools for that matter.
09/26/14, 06:52 AM   #3
DarthFett11

Originally Posted by Wykkyd View Post
It isn't that Wykkyd doesn't allow. It's that chatting was nerfed. Addons can't do it properly anymore. If it was allowed, Wykkyd's Macros would have it. If chat messages could come from addons, I'd resurrect pre-nerf War Tools for that matter.
Ahhh ok.
Hopefully they will allow it once again. It would be nice for RP purposes.

Thanks for the response Wykkyd. (Love your addons by the way)
09/27/14, 01:06 PM   #4
Mezzamort
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
TIM - catacombs - library of chat phrases

You can't mix animation and text, but in the TIM addon, the Catacombs feature will let you enter pages of paragraphs that can then be clicked to insert into text. You have to hit return to send the chat is all. Don't overdo it, ZOS will notice.

For prepared guild info messages, it does the trick.

For RP, you can set up all your prepared dialog, and then just click the button...no more typos.

To do it by hand...use ctrl+c to copy from notepad...use ctrl+v to paste into chat.

Use Wykkyd to make keypress macros for emotes...and you can be very quick at doing combos.

If you use MacroPoetry, you can make a script of animation macros with pauses built in.
You can chat _while_ that macro is running. Voila! You are Richard Burton!

Better yet, using the dangerous "/repeat" command you can make a MacroPoetry script run all the time so that your character is never just standing there like a lump. You can even move around while the macro runs. Etc.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Macros for chat messages?