03/02/20, 12:29 PM   #1
Smirake
Exclamation LibMediaProvider update

LibMediaprovider hasn't been updated for Harrowstorm, ANY adds that rely on this library WILL NOT work as the recent update has perminently disabled this addon. Any addon providers must find a work around or their idea will never work.
03/02/20, 02:33 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
ehrm, just enable the "Disable out of date addons" checkbox ingame in the addon manager eh voila: It works

And please ALWAYS enable this checkbox after major updates as the game will disabale it but it is a nonsense function which does nto say anyhting about "is an addon working or not".
it just compares the game's APIversion number to a number "hardcoded" into the addons/libraries txt file. If they differ the game says "It is outdated". That#s all.

You can find about 100000 threads and post about this already so please just enbale the checkbox OR if you do not believe me and want to fgight your own windmills: update LibMediaProvider.txt and change ## AddOnVersin: to 100030

You'll notice it works again all of sudden without having updated the addon/librray. Wow!

Last edited by Baertram : 03/02/20 at 02:36 PM.
03/02/20, 02:50 PM   #3
Smirake
Unfortunately, that function doesn't work right on my end. I click that and then reload the ui and it doesn't take effect, set it at start up and the game just sets it to whatever.
03/03/20, 12:34 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Logout.
Search for AddonSettings.txt on your harddrives.
if you find multiple: The one with the most up2date change date and time!

The fodler where it is in: Add it to your whitelist/exclusion lists of AntiVirus and Firewall programs installed (WIndows Defender e.g.).

Should be something like:
c:\users\Smirake\documents\Elder scrolls online\live

And if this does not work I already wrote in my first post how you can change the ## APIVersion: tag in the txt files of the addons.
Just write it like this into the file:

## APIVersion: 100030

Next major update it will be ## APIVersion: 100031 than, and so on
03/03/20, 10:36 AM   #5
ArtOfShred

I'll update LMP later tonight when I get off work, slipped my mind to do so when Harrowstorm came out.

EDIT: Done https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...ider.html#info

Last edited by ArtOfShred : 03/03/20 at 06:09 PM.

ESOUI » General Discussion » Tech Chat » LibMediaProvider update