06/19/19, 12:25 PM   #1
BGBuster
[Mac] Stuck on "scan the following drives" and/or "loading"

Hello. I'm currently running on a Mac Pro, Mojave version 10.14.5. I have ESO installed through Steam on my Macintosh HD. I downloaded Minion for the first time today and it asked to scan for my games, and now it's stuck on "Scan the following drives for supported games" and the window is blank.

After looking up this issue, I saw one solution was to edit the minion.xml file to tell Minion not to scan for drives, using the following code:

<drive-configs never-ask-about-scanning="true">
</drive-configs>

I typed that in and restarted Minion, but when I do that it just gets stuck on the "Loading" bar. I think it just doesn't know where my game is installed, hence why telling it not to scan for the game doesn't help. I dunno.

Help, please? I've attached my minion.log and minion.xml files. Thanks.

Zac
Attached Files
File Type: log minion.log (79.9 KB, 398 views)
File Type: xml minion.xml (647 Bytes, 384 views)
06/19/19, 07:10 PM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
I'm sorry but it looks like Minion has a bug and can't handle the name on your drive...

Code:
ERROR 2019-06-19 11:09:35,146 [JavaFX Application Thread] gg.minion.controller.MinionController:lambda$null$48(1058): GameDetectionService failed: {} org.apache.commons.jxpath.JXPathInvalidSyntaxException: Invalid XPath: 'drive-configs/drive-config[@drive=\'/Volumes/Zac\'s SSD\']'. Syntax error after: 'drive-configs/drive-config[@drive=\''
	at org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.Parser.parseExpression(Parser.java:63)
	at org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.JXPathContextReferenceImpl.compileExpression(JXPathContextReferenceImpl.java:249)
	at org.apache.commons.jxpath.ri.JXPathContextReferenceImpl.iteratePointers(JXPathContextReferenceImpl.java:616)
	at org.apache.commons.jxpath.JXPathContext.selectNodes(JXPathContext.java:686)
	at org.apache.commons.configuration.tree.xpath.XPathExpressionEngine.query(XPathExpressionEngine.java:183)
	at org.apache.commons.configuration.HierarchicalConfiguration.fetchNodeList(HierarchicalConfiguration.java:958)
	at org.apache.commons.configuration.AbstractHierarchicalFileConfiguration.fetchNodeList(AbstractHierarchicalFileConfiguration.java:439)
	at org.apache.commons.configuration.HierarchicalConfiguration.configurationsAt(HierarchicalConfiguration.java:637)
	at gg.minion.util.ConfigurationManager.getDriveScannable(ConfigurationManager.java:437)
	at gg.minion.plugin.BasePlugin.getApprovedDrives(BasePlugin.java:25)
	at gg.minion.plugin.ESOPlugin.process(ESOPlugin.java:54)
	at gg.minion.service.GameDetectionService$1.call(GameDetectionService.java:30)
	at gg.minion.service.GameDetectionService$1.call(GameDetectionService.java:26)
	at javafx.concurrent.Task$TaskCallable.call(Task.java:1423)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
	at javafx.concurrent.Service.lambda$null$492(Service.java:725)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at javafx.concurrent.Service.lambda$executeTask$493(Service.java:724)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Could you try removing the punctuation from the drive name? I'll add a ticket to our backlog to get this fixed.
06/19/19, 11:31 PM   #3
BGBuster
Changing the name of my drive worked.

Then I had a problem with it "selecting the game and finding the Addons folder" but then I found a solution to that in another forum post. Had to do with the folder depth that Minion searches through, which was set as default to 4 but I needed it to be at 6.

Phew. A hassle but I think it's finally working!

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » [Mac] Stuck on "scan the following drives" and/or "loading"