09/18/17, 12:35 AM   #1
Solvaring

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Talking ESOUI Discord Link

I just thought the link for ESOUI Discord should have its very own thread so it's easy to find for authors and end-users/players alike.

A while back I started a discussion about the possibility of an ESOUI Discord server and the discussion really took off. Harven eventually went ahead and created a server. Some of the reasoning I saw in the thread which I thought was good, although I didn't take the time to read everything, is that it would be great to have a place to communicate with end-users in real time and receive questions and suggestions, not solely as a place for authors to discuss code and development since we already have one of those.

I would love to see more end-users log on to the Discord server. I am currently mining for ideas I could use to create addons that people want (I know we have a suggestions forum, I just like real-time/nearly real-time correspondence) and I would also just like to have more people to talk to. I'm also happy to answer questions and help people with their addon issues to the best of my ability, I do not mind.

Without further ado here is that link again

Last edited by Solvaring : 09/18/17 at 12:40 AM.
09/18/17, 03:54 AM   #2
Ayantir

if discord is nice, there is a bit more devs on Gitter if you wanna chat.
https://gitter.im/esoui/esoui

Please don't create new threads when there is already one 4 lines under
09/20/17, 02:28 AM   #3
Solvaring

Sorry about that, I actually read your response in the previous thread that gitter is not for users, it should be dev focused and that you wouldn't want users bothering you in gitter so I didn't want to advertise it.

I got a little carried away, the discord link is a few posts down in the previous thread but I wanted it right at the top to hopefully attract more people, specifically end-users to talk to.

If there is a mod out there that wants to remove this thread then please do. I can't find a delete option here on my end.
12/01/17, 09:45 AM   #4
Arnhold
Originally Posted by Ayarntir View Post
Sorry about that, I actually read your response in the previous thread that gitter is not for users, it should be dev focused and that you wouldn't want users bothering you in gitter so I didn't want to advertise it.

I got a little carried away, the discord link is a few posts down in the previous thread but I wanted it right at the top to hopefully attract more people, specifically end-users to talk to.

If there is a mod out there that wants to remove this thread then please do. I can't find a delete option here on my end.
Is the Discord channel active? I don't know much about Discord but I'll get it if I'm missing out.

Last edited by Arnhold : 11/01/21 at 03:27 PM.
12/01/17, 01:27 PM   #5
Dolgubon

Originally Posted by Arnhold View Post
Is the Discord channel active? I don't know much about Discord but I'll get it if I'm missing out.
It isn't particularly active, no. You don't need to actually download discord though, you can use it in your browser.

ESOUI » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » ESOUI Discord Link