05/09/14, 04:49 AM   #1
Blackout STi
Unhappy Installed game listed multiple times in Minion's sidebar

I have a fresh install of windows and a fresh install of Minion. My ESO install is on a secondary drive (separate from the OS). I installed Minion, and it automatically detected what games I had installed. It does this well, but unfortunately it discovered my ESO install, the ESO directory that resides in a backup directory, the ESO European directory in that backup directory, and a floating ESO folder in another location on that drive. Don't ask why I have so many ESO install directories. I just reformatted and those are remnants of previous attempts to migrate servers that I forgot were there.

So, I have one current installation of ESO, then three directories of old installs from before my reformat. The titles of these directories are the same as what the ESO installer names them (Elder Scrolls Online and Elder Scrolls Online EU <- i think). Long story short, there should be something in place in the Minion code that only allows Minion to handle one install of a game. Perhaps make a prompt display that makes the user choose the correct instance of the game (in my case).

I went into that old install location and deleted the phantom ESO folders. I cannot remove the two extra 'Elder Scrolls Online' titles from the sidebar though. I right-click on them and hit 'Remove Game From Minion', but nothing happens. Oddly enough, it let me remove the 'Elder Scrolls Online EU', but not the others.

Since I could not remove them, I reinstalled Minion (after the folders were deleted) and for some reason, they still show up in the sidebar. How do I clear that list of games and make it re-detect my installed games? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Another note, when I launched Minion the first time, it detected my old addon files in the backup of my 'My Documents' folder from my last install also (like it did the old installs). I was asked if I wanted to make a backup of them. I said yes without thinking. I would like to delete that backup too. Could anyone shed some light on how to do this as well?

Last edited by Blackout STi : 05/09/14 at 04:53 AM. Reason: Added notes
05/09/14, 06:05 PM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
If you right click on the games on the list in Minion you don't have a remove option?

Can you post your minion.xml? Its located in the windows user directory C:\Users\<your windows username>\.minion\ That is the config file that remembers your game list and AddOns and doesn't get deleted when you uninstall.

The addon backup is located at C:\Users\<your windows username>\.minion\backup\
05/09/14, 09:05 PM   #3
Blackout STi
Red face

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
If you right click on the games on the list in Minion you don't have a remove option?

Can you post your minion.xml? Its located in the windows user directory C:\Users\<your windows username>\.minion\ That is the config file that remembers your game list and AddOns and doesn't get deleted when you uninstall.

The addon backup is located at C:\Users\<your windows username>\.minion\backup\
I do have the option, but clicking it does nothing. I have tried and tried. Doesn't matter what I do, The 'Remove' doesn't work. It did on the Elder Scrolls Online EU entry, but not the 'Elder Scrolls Online' entry.

Here is the XML file your requested:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<minion>
<config-version>2</config-version>
<version>2.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
<build>67df20b7e2a9cfa3fdd7e51b26878b169892aa6e</build>
<client>
<concurrent-updates>2</concurrent-updates>
<game-scan-depth>4</game-scan-depth>
</client>
<user>
<ga-user-id>63538217-1ffe-4315-8f8e-62e74bf499e5</ga-user-id>
<access-token>3441eed1abdf323385629dd5af0a022b0e36a638</access-token>
<refresh-token>3b29be225bce0a1a9411043511c0ee009f7777b8</refresh-token>
<login-id>[email protected]</login-id>
</user>
<games>
<game addon-path="QzpcVXNlcnNcRGVyZWtcRG9jdW1lbnRzXEVsZGVyIFNjcm9sbHMgT25saW5lXGxpdmVcQWRkT25z" auto-update="false" display-name="Elder Scrolls Online" game-id="ESO" unique-game-id="ESO-1"/>
<game addon-path="QzpcVXNlcnNcRGVyZWtcRG9jdW1lbnRzXEVsZGVyIFNjcm9sbHMgT25saW5lXGxpdmVcQWRkT25z" auto-update="false" display-name="Elder Scrolls Online" game-id="ESO" unique-game-id="ESO-1"/>
<game addon-path="QzpcVXNlcnNcRGVyZWtcRG9jdW1lbnRzXEVsZGVyIFNjcm9sbHMgT25saW5lXGxpdmVldVxBZGRPbnM=" auto-update="false" display-name="Elder Scrolls Online (EU)" game-id="ESO" ignore="true" unique-game-id="ESO-2"/>
</games>
</minion>

I see that the add-path variable is the same on all three entries... And so is the unique-game-id. Will removing the entries from here clear them on my app?

Oh, and every time I open Minion, there are updates listed on all three remaining entries. I can hit 'Update All' on all three of them, close Minion, reopen it and the games will still say they need updated. Kinda strange, One of them says there are 4 updates available, and the other two say that there are 3 updates. Very weird behavior...

Thank you for the location of the backups too. Good to know. I did edit the above XML file by removing the three false entries. There is now the appropriate 1 ESO entry.

Last edited by Blackout STi : 05/09/14 at 09:11 PM.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Installed game listed multiple times in Minion's sidebar