06/29/23, 01:12 AM   #21
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It looks like your AddOnSettings.txt is not used properly, at least not ingame!
All addons are there, but all are shown "red" which means "dependencies missing".

But what makes me wonder is, it shows the keybind "E" "Show EULA".

Please open the addon manager ingame again, then press E to show the EULA and press E again to acknowledge the EULA then.
But you may need to scroll down the EULA so after pressing E the first time try to move the mouse to the center screen and use the mouse wheel to scroll down the EULA.
Then press E again.
Maybe you have to do that twice, not sure anymore!
If you got some local friend who can see please ask them to assist you there for the EULA acknowledge thing at best and to enable the addons for you then. Or else via Discord or Teamviewer or any other screen sharing tools you got already.

After that it hopefully will enable the addons properly as "Votans Addon List" e.g. is shown, but red, and it does not need any dependency. So something else is blocking it, and here comes the EULA thingy...

Last edited by Baertram : 06/29/23 at 01:17 AM.
06/29/23, 07:18 AM   #22
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Good news:
I've added narration of addon names to my addon "AddonSelector" upon mouse enter of the checbox or name label of the addons.
Bad news: Somehow ZOs implementation of the chat narration does not ALWAYS play the text I pass in if accessibility mode is enabled and the chat reader is enabled.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
Haven't found out yet why it is not simply reading the text to us... I think it got to do with some addons that use color codes at the name.
Edit: Seems the chat narrator dislikes the "-" character! If any addon name got that in it will not be read.

I'll at least make it work "partially" for you so you can move the mouse above the addons and her their names, if they are disabled at the moment, or if they are missing dependencies (and thus are disabled).
Clicking them will then return the new state narrated too (that's the plan ;-) ).

I'll link that version here once it is finished, and I'll officially update it at the website (and at Minion that way) too then.

Last edited by Baertram : 06/29/23 at 07:44 AM.
06/29/23, 07:58 AM   #23
valmorian1234
I will look at the ula I may not have agreed to it as I thought in my usersettings.txt it still shows as -1. I don't have anyone who could assist me sadly or I wouldn't need to go through so much trouble. I'm attempting to get in touch with a friend of mine who helped me through teamviewer once but I'm not sure how that will go sense it's been a while. Going to try the ula though I don't have a mouse I only play with keyboard and sometimes controller
06/29/23, 08:14 AM   #24
valmorian1234
ok I wasn't having much luck with the ula so I decided to try changing the excepted ula addon version to match the viewed addon version which was 5. now it seems to be working! I got some sort of notices when I first logged on that I skipped by mistake but my addons screen ocrs differintly now and the screenshot is this.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/oi1z0fxyzm...01013.png?dl=0
I am going to look through the options and things and figure out where addon settings and things are if they are on now. Thank you very much for all of this assistance I am very greatful you have no idea I've got to check these out and share this with people. If I can get enough people interested I may atract some of the programmers in the blind community who know the tech better than I do as I'm not a programmer. As more ai things come out who knows what could happen
06/29/23, 08:29 AM   #25
valmorian1234
after a quick look around I'm not sure how to actually toggle addon settings on so I may need to look at the instructions for the addons that help with the interface? Is the only place to turn them on the addons manager the settings for the addons I mean.
I am attaching my addons file there are only some of the addons in the section at the end does that mean the rest are off?
Attached Files
File Type: txt AddOnSettings.txt (982 Bytes, 370 views)
06/29/23, 09:22 AM   #26
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Yay! Great, your addons are working now so it was that damn EULA acception, glad you found out how to activate it in the txt file!

The addon settings (each addon's configuration) is not at the addon manager. At the addon manager you only enable/disable the addons in total.

The addon settings are provided via the library LibAddonMenu-2.0 which needs to be enabled at the addon manager.
And then you can go to the game menu (like move so all menus are closed and then press ESC key).
At the left menu choose "Settings" and then "AddOns".

This will show you the LibAddonMenu's settings panels, for each addon enabled which got settings to change, you will find 1 entry in the lst there.
But you WILL need a mouse for that to work and select and change!
Keyboard or gamepad changes are not supported by the game/LibAddonMenu and never will be unfortunately.

I've changed LibAddonMenu-2.0 so the version you got should read to you the selected addon row and the setting below your mouse cursor, help you if you want to change it (reading changed value e.g. or dropdown entries, color picker selected color code, etc.).
-> In order to make that work you need to enabled accessibility mode and chat reader at the settings menu of ESO!

Addon Selector with narration of addons on mouse enter, and currently disabled/disabled by missing dependencies will be updated later this day too.

I am attaching my addons file there are only some of the addons in the section at the end does that mean the rest are off?
I've downloaded your AddOnSettings.txt file and all entries below #Default (means active for all your characters!) are set to 1 (means: enabled)
But the entry for your character "velamora" on the NA server only got a few enabled, correct!

The logic with the addons there is:
"#Default" defines addons to enable/disable for all characters/toons.
"#Server Name-Character name" defines addons to enable/disable for ONLY THIS character/toon.

-> Just in case: I've added the missing ones for you, based on your #Default entries, to enable ALL for the character "velamorea" too.
See the attached file.

That's all I can do for now to assist you here, hope it helps a bit.
The main issue for you will be the mouse usage then, but ESO is no game that supports keyboard-only mode as menus and all stuff are not designed to work that way, and whatever you press will result into "your character moving" or "you are opening another menu" via keyboard
Attached Files
File Type: txt AddOnSettings.txt (1.6 KB, 325 views)

Last edited by Baertram : 06/29/23 at 09:32 AM.
06/29/23, 10:06 AM   #27
valmorian1234
Hi this helps a lot I will download it thank you very much. I will try the mouse curser nav I should be able to kind of do it. If I can not where are those settings stored? I assume server side or something but it's worth asking if I can edit them outside of the game as well.
Text editing has prooved to be an interesting problem solving method for me in games in general and it seems to hold up here
06/29/23, 11:41 AM   #28
valmorian1234
ok I've looked in the settings and I don't see an addon in the escape menu in the settings either my ocr isn't finding or I'm in the wrong screen either way it's super dangerous to attempt clicking anywhere in that menu maybe your addon adjustments will make it safer when they are ready
06/29/23, 01:20 PM   #29
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
My addon adjustements do not relate to that settings menu, only to the addon manager!
And the other changes at the addon settings are already there so you should benefit from it if you got the accessibility mode enabled and the chat reader enabled there too (ESO normal settings -> Accessibility).

You can open the addon settings menu by typing this into chat (if library LibAddonMenu-2.0 is loaded!):
Code:
/script LibAddonMenu2:OpenToPanel()
You also get to the addon settings by login, then press ESC so you hear the menu opens. At the left is the main menu now with 1st entry at the top is
"Return to play" (or similar)
2nd entry from top is "Settings"
Click this one.

In the next submenu of settings you have the menu items
Video
Audio
Gameplay
Camera
User Interface
Names
Social
Combat
Accessibility
-> Enable the accessibility mode in here and the chat reader, and the screen reader (menu reader)

And the menu point below Accessibility, only shown if LibAddonMenu was loaded, is
AddOns

And in there you will find the addon settings menu.

You can open the addon manager by typing this into the chat (if addon AddonSelector is loaded!):
Code:
/addons
I can add another chat slash command to AddonSelector, for example:
Code:
/addonsettings
or in short
Code:
/lam
lam = LibAddonMenu

So this will open the addon settings for you.

Most addons got a slash command too to open the addon settings directly.
FCO Accessibility uses for example:
Code:
/fcoabs

Saving and changing setting files locally:
Settings are stored at client side in the folder live/SavedVariables.
Each addon got a foldername in live/AddOns, e.g. live/AddOns/FCOAccessibility

So the same name of teh folder will be in the folder live/SavedVariables as a .lua filename:
live/SavedVariables/FCOAccessibility.lua

In this lua file you got lua tables starting with different information, that always depends on each single addon!!!
Either if the addon saves per server differently or not, per character differently or not, per account then.
And then again: You can have subtables within subtables and need to understand what lua tables look like, open and close with { and } e.g., and they can be nested!

So I would not start to manipulate that via text editor outside the game as you cannot know what it does. Name of the variables in the nested tables could e.g be "dontChangeMe" but it relates to the addon's settings of "fonts look a like".
You can only know if you use the correct settings menu which is shown ingame.

Beside that: You can ONLY manipulate those files in live/SavedVariables WHILE LOGGED OUT of the game! The data is kept internally in memory of the game and will only be written and read on a zone change, login, logout or reloadUI. So if you manipulate them outside and reloadui it wil overwrite your changes again All done for nothing.
So always logout before changing them ín the text files.
Only changing them ingame in the addon settings menu circumvents that properly.
06/29/23, 01:46 PM   #30
Sharlikran

I'm routing for you valmorian. What about a copy of your UserSettings.txt file in the same location as the other file we have been looking at.
06/29/23, 03:28 PM   #31
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I've updated "AddonSelector" now to include the narration (somestimes it does not narrate anything but this seems to be a problem with the chat narration feature in general... Some texts are not read, and I cannot see why not. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't )

Update "AddonSelector" via Minion or use this link to download it manually:
https://www.esoui.com/downloads/dl1161/

It also includes the /lam and /addonsettings chat slash command now so you can open the addon settings menu (configure addons) more easily.
Slash command /addons opens the addon manager (diable/enable addons)
06/30/23, 01:17 PM   #32
valmorian1234
thank you! Going to download this and giv it a go so far it seems things are working well I have one character that just reached level three lol and I made a second to figure out which class suits me the best I'm going to seek out a discord server to hopefully answer any generalized questions that come up during gameplay. Thank you both and the other player for helping me get all of this working it would've not happened without your contributions Hope to see you in game
06/30/23, 02:02 PM   #33
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Please update "AddonSelector" again. I've updated it today to version 2.21 and it's using the UI narrator now, not the chat narrator anymore!
The UI narrator is way more effective and reliable as the chat narrator often did not, or if then very delayed, narrated the addon names

I'm switching LibAddonMenu-2.0 narration to this mode too.

Edit:
Switched LAM 2.0 to this UI narrator too now and will test it, then send you the file here as attachment again.

Last edited by Baertram : 07/01/23 at 05:46 AM.
07/02/23, 03:20 PM   #34
valmorian1234
thanks a bunch! i'll keep on the lookout for those files I didn't know we had two narators to use.
07/02/23, 08:30 PM   #35
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
The game got the chat narrator which reads the chat to you, where zone chat can be enabled separately.

And the UI narrator which reads the menus and user interface to you as you scroll your inventory items and menus.
07/06/23, 08:14 AM   #36
valmorian1234
Oh I saw those settings but didn't know they were diferint sense they use the same voice. Is there a way to get it to ever read the conversation dialogues? I still half to ocr them and as I am having an issue where my curser keeps moving its self I'm trying to solove it can be sometimes hard to pick the right conversation option.
07/07/23, 01:39 AM   #37
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Unfortunately not, by the current game's settings.
ZOs already told us they are not going to use UI reader for skills and suchs tuff so maybe they ment the quest NPC texts neither

I think one can read them by API somehow, I can have a look as I find the time.
If tere is a way to get the text and use the UI reader to read it then I can add this to FCO Accessibility.

btw:
If you want to jump to any addon in your list you can use the slash command
/addons <addonName or parts of it>
or
/as <addonName or parts of it>

It will open the addon manager and search then.
Your cursor is then top right in the search edit field.
The first found result will be marked with a surrounding [> addon name here <].
Pressing the return/enter key jumps to the next search result.

I'm currently working on the UI narrator reading out loud the found addon name to you + the current enabled state.
And adding a keybind there at the addon manager to enable/disbale (toggle) the selected (by search, or below the mouse cursor if no search is
active) addon.
And I'll add another keybind, if possible, to start the addon search at the addon manager so it will clear the current search and let you directly type the next search string.

Hope this will improve handling for you so you can use the ingame addon manager too, or at least check an enabled state more easily.
07/07/23, 08:23 PM   #38
valmorian1234
That must be what they meant I do find it strange though skills and things are already read by the narator The response time is a little slow but it reads descriptions and everything it even tells me which key I'm on so I can assign where I want them it even interestingly switch depending on whether or not I press a controller button or keyboard button. That would be very helpful I have a few other people expirimenting with the addons and eso in general
10/08/23, 03:08 PM   #39
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
For my addon FCO Accessibility ("https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info3586-FCOAccessibility.html") description another player has made a video, describing some features and other addons that may help if you are visibly impaired.
The video palys some of the sounds that my addon produces, and the player describes what else might help (e.g. play in group, use multi mounts, etc.).

Here is the video link (Youtube):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4aU8KKVa0g

He also prepared a complete pack of addons and libraries for download, which I have copied to this link:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/2b5mw...srsuuqj50&dl=1

We try to keep this pack updated if any addon or library for the addon updates.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » [blind player]overcoming/working with the addon manager