01/11/19, 04:39 PM   #1
Shinni
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[outdated] creating a compass control crashes the game after teleporting

Update: I managed to circumvent the issue by editing the existing ZO_CompassContainer control via XML with the override tag, instead of creating a new control to replace ZO_CompassContainer.
So unless someone else wants to display 2 compasses, I don't need this bug to be fixed.

Original post:

When an addon creates a compass control, then the default compass ("ZO_CompassContainer") breaks. The pins on the default compass are no longer updated (their position is fixed).
Also when you now teleport to a different zone, then the game will crash.

Example: I created an addon called "compass" with the following xml file
Code:
<GuiXml>
    <Controls>
        <Compass name="Compass2" />
    </Controls>
</GuiXml>
I guess the game is not able to handle 2 compass controls? Could this be fixed?
I would like to create a second compass with different configurations for the CompassPinTypes and then switch between the custom and default compass depending on the situation.

Alternatively (maybe this is easier for you?), you could add methods like "compassControl:AddCompassPinType(MapDisplayPinType, ...)" and "compassControl:RemoveCompassPinType(MapDisplayPinType)" which allows us to add/remove which types of pins are displayed and how they behave. Then I would just modify the existing compass instead of creating a 2nd one. Currently specifying the CompassPinTypes is only possible during initialization via xml:
Warning: Spoiler

Last edited by Shinni : 01/13/19 at 05:50 AM.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Bug Reports » [outdated] creating a compass control crashes the game after teleporting