03/14/17, 10:45 AM   #1
Kyoma
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
ZO_ScrollableComboBox

Hey, I'm having some trouble using ZO_ScrollableComboBox with LAM. I'm using a slightly modified code for the dropdown control (when I would get it to work I'd request it to be added)
Code:
    control.combobox = wm:CreateControlFromVirtual(zo_strjoin(nil, name, "Combobox", comboboxCount), control.container, dropdownData.scrollable and "ZO_ScrollableComboBox" or "ZO_ComboBox")
Now, the problem is not with getting it scrollable, the problem is that the layering gets kinda messed up. When I mouseover an entry in the list and I'm right on top of another control it doesn't stay focussed on the dropdown entry like it does with a ZO_ComboBox. I'm not too familiar with layering and am unsure how to try to fix this.
06/02/18, 03:53 PM   #2
@tinydog

Thumbs up Solution!

Originally Posted by Kyoma View Post
Hey, I'm having some trouble using ZO_ScrollableComboBox with LAM. I'm using a slightly modified code for the dropdown control (when I would get it to work I'd request it to be added)
Code:
    control.combobox = wm:CreateControlFromVirtual(zo_strjoin(nil, name, "Combobox", comboboxCount), control.container, dropdownData.scrollable and "ZO_ScrollableComboBox" or "ZO_ComboBox")
Now, the problem is not with getting it scrollable, the problem is that the layering gets kinda messed up. When I mouseover an entry in the list and I'm right on top of another control it doesn't stay focussed on the dropdown entry like it does with a ZO_ComboBox. I'm not too familiar with layering and am unsure how to try to fix this.
I encountered this very same problem, and Dolgubon provided me with the solution: In the XML file, you need to move the XML element containing the dropdowns to AFTER any of the subsequent controls that will appear behind the dropdown (e.g., at the end of its parent Controls XML element).

Here is the recent thread:
http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?p=34922
06/02/18, 04:27 PM   #3
Kyoma
Originally Posted by @tinydog View Post
I encountered this very same problem, and Dolgubon provided me with the solution: In the XML file, you need to move the XML element containing the dropdowns to AFTER any of the subsequent controls that will appear behind the dropdown (e.g., at the end of its parent Controls XML element).

Here is the recent thread:
http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?p=34922
Yes I was made aware on Gitter already but thanks for the reply.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » ZO_ScrollableComboBox