06/03/18, 11:47 AM   #1
VulcanTourist
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
More anonymous LUA errors [SOLVED]

These are other anonymous LUA errors I've been getting on occasion. I haven't identified a pattern to actions that cause them, and the errors themselves don't reference any mods. Can anyone help me find a source?
Code:
EsoUI/Ingame/CenterScreenAnnounce/CenterScreenAnnounce.lua:1461: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
    EsoUI/Ingame/CenterScreenAnnounce/CenterScreenAnnounce.lua:1461: in function 'CenterScreenAnnounce:CallExpiringCallback'
    EsoUI/Ingame/CenterScreenAnnounce/CenterScreenAnnounce.lua:621: in function 'ZO_CenterScreenAnnouncementLargeLine.ExpiringCallback'
    [C]: in function 'PlayFromStart'
    EsoUI/Ingame/CenterScreenAnnounce/CenterScreenAnnounce.lua:635: in function 'ZO_CenterScreenAnnouncementLargeLine:PlayWipeAnimation'
    EsoUI/Ingame/CenterScreenAnnounce/CenterScreenAnnounce.lua:1381: in function 'setupFunction'
    EsoUI/Ingame/CenterScreenAnnounce/CenterScreenAnnounce.lua:1574: in function 'CenterScreenAnnounce:DisplayMessage'
    EsoUI/Ingame/CenterScreenAnnounce/CenterScreenAnnounce.lua:1289: in function 'CenterScreenAnnounce:TryDisplayingNextQueuedMessage'
    EsoUI/Ingame/CenterScreenAnnounce/CenterScreenAnnounce.lua:871: in function 'OnCenterScreenAnnounceUpdate'
Code:
EsoUI/Ingame/CenterScreenAnnounce/CenterScreenAnnounce.lua:1461: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
    EsoUI/Ingame/CenterScreenAnnounce/CenterScreenAnnounce.lua:1461: in function 'CenterScreenAnnounce:CallExpiringCallback'
    EsoUI/Ingame/CenterScreenAnnounce/CenterScreenAnnounce.lua:621: in function 'ZO_CenterScreenAnnouncementLargeLine.ExpiringCallback'
    [C]: in function 'PlayFromStart'
    EsoUI/Ingame/CenterScreenAnnounce/CenterScreenAnnounce.lua:635: in function 'ZO_CenterScreenAnnouncementLargeLine:PlayWipeAnimation'
    EsoUI/Ingame/CenterScreenAnnounce/CenterScreenAnnounce.lua:1381: in function 'setupFunction'
    EsoUI/Ingame/CenterScreenAnnounce/CenterScreenAnnounce.lua:1574: in function 'CenterScreenAnnounce:DisplayMessage'
    EsoUI/Ingame/CenterScreenAnnounce/CenterScreenAnnounce.lua:1289: in function 'CenterScreenAnnounce:TryDisplayingNextQueuedMessage'
    EsoUI/Ingame/CenterScreenAnnounce/CenterScreenAnnounce.lua:993: in function 'OnLineComplete'
    EsoUI/Libraries/Utility/ZO_CallbackObject.lua:111: in function 'ZO_CallbackObject:FireCallbacks'
    EsoUI/Ingame/CenterScreenAnnounce/CenterScreenAnnounce.lua:397: in function 'ZO_CenterScreenAnnouncementLine:OnLineComplete'
     EsoUI/Ingame/CenterScreenAnnounce/CenterScreenAnnounce.lua:493: in function '(anonymous)'

Last edited by VulcanTourist : 06/03/18 at 08:35 PM.
06/03/18, 01:19 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
This could be caused by an addon using the center screen announcements wrong but I'm not sure.

The best possible way would be to track all addons of yours down which use the csa by searching all files for the string

CENTER_SCREEN_ANNOUNCE

(you can use the freeware text editor "Notepad++" for it:
Below the "Search" menu entry there is an entry "Search files" and you can specify a folder to search for, e.g. the AddOns directory, and search for *.lua file pattern).

Disable these addons one after another and see if this helps (error is gone).

If the error happens with ALL addons disabled you shoudl use the ingame command /bug and raise a bug report to the game developers.
06/03/18, 02:53 PM   #3
VulcanTourist
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
This could be caused by an addon using the center screen announcements wrong but I'm not sure. The best possible way would be to track all addons of yours down which use the csa by searching all files for the string

CENTER_SCREEN_ANNOUNCE

(you can use the freeware text editor "Notepad++" for it:
Thanks; I will try that. I honestly didn't know precisely what string to search for; I searched for "PlayFromStart" and got hits for nearly every single mod(!) thanks to LibAddonMenu, and I prayed that wasn't the issue. Of course I do use Notepad++, who doesn't? 8-o
06/03/18, 03:36 PM   #4
sirinsidiator

You could also install the addon Zgoo and append the following code to its Startup.lua file.
Lua Code:
  1. ZO_PreHook(CENTER_SCREEN_ANNOUNCE, "CallExpiringCallback", function(self, announcementLine)
  2.     if not announcementLine then
  3.         d("announcementLine is missing")
  4.     else if not announcementLine:GetMessageParams() then
  5.         Zgoo:Main(nil, 1, announcementLine)
  6.     end
  7. end)
This should either print a message in chat if the announcementLine is nil, or open an inspector window for the announcementLine, which could contain a clue as to where the malformed object is coming from.
06/03/18, 08:34 PM   #5
VulcanTourist
[solved]

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
This could be caused by an addon using the center screen announcements wrong but I'm not sure. The best possible way would be to track all addons of yours down which use the csa by searching all files for the string

CENTER_SCREEN_ANNOUNCE

Disable these addons one after another and see if this helps (error is gone).
It wasn't hard to find, once I knew the right string to search:
FCO No Enlightened Sound
I had stupidly left it both installed and enabled alongside both No, Thank You! and FCO ChangeStuff. Curse of the mod gourmand, indeed.

Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
You could also install the addon Zgoo and append the following code to its Startup.lua file.
Ooooh, that looks useful, at least in the right hands.

Last edited by VulcanTourist : 06/03/18 at 08:38 PM.
06/03/18, 11:25 PM   #6
VulcanTourist
NOT [solved]...

I thought uninstalling FCO No Enlightened Sound took care of it, but eventually I got another of the same exact error. I'm not done yet....
06/04/18, 10:17 AM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Would have been misterious cuz FCO No Enlightened Sound just does change a sound and got nothing to do with CSA (CSA of enlightment is still shown, just quiet). No thank you, FCO No Enlightened Sound and FCO Change Stuff should just work fine all together.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » More anonymous LUA errors