01/21/16, 12:41 PM   #1
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Incoming change to combat events

I just read this post on the official forums and can't help to wonder how this might work?
Originally Posted by Gina Bruno
In our next incremental patch, we'll be including a fix so any addon that assigns names to combat events that don't involve the player will no longer be able to do so.
Can we please have an explanation how this will affect combat events before it goes live?
I am worried that it might unintentionally break other things like the last few "fixes" that got hurriedly put in an incremental patch.
01/21/16, 01:40 PM   #2
Ayantir

It will broke this addon :
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1...oupDamage.html

For others, nothing to worry.

Guess combat_events for groupX will just won't be broadcasted to group, or anonymized that's all.
01/21/16, 02:01 PM   #3
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
Combat events not involving the player have a number of things stripped out including the source and target names. When unit ids were added, the source unit id was not being stripped out. It is now.
01/21/16, 02:47 PM   #4
sirinsidiator

Ok. So this means when neither source nor target name equals player name they will be cleared, or is there more to it?
For example ACTION_RESULT_KILLING_BLOW fires without an abilityName when a player I killed respawns to a keep which is also not directly related to myself. Will this also be affected?
01/21/16, 02:58 PM   #5
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
Nothing but the source unit id is effected. The line of code was literally only adding sourceId = 0.
01/21/16, 03:02 PM   #6
sirinsidiator

Ok. I misread your first answer. Now that you say it like that it becomes clear.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Incoming change to combat events