04/02/18, 05:59 PM   #1
Cardinal05
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[implemented] HousingFurnishingLimitType

At present, these 2 functions allow us to check a given house's maximum furniture limits as well as how many furnishings of a given limit type have already been placed in the current house.

Code:
GetHouseFurnishingPlacementLimit(number houseId, number HousingFurnishingLimitType limitType)
GetNumHouseFurnishingsPlaced(number HousingFurnishingLimitType limitType)
In order to preempt avoidable failures when adding furniture to players' houses, it would be helpful to have a way to identify the relevant limit type for each item (ahead of time) prior to ever attempting to add furnishings en masse.

This is particularly important for identifying whether an item is Low Impact or High Impact within each of the two primary (Collectible/Non-Collectible) categories. Ideally, the solution work on both Placed furniture (e.g. passing a Furniture Id) as well as Inventory items and Collectibles.

From what I can see, a simple way to address this would be to add the relevant LimitType for a given furnishing to the FurnitureDataInfo structure as we already have functions for getting the FurnitureDataId for an item that is: placed in a house, a collectible, an inventory item or an item link.

If the GetFurnitureDataInfo function were amended to return an addition limitType value, that would solve the problem from every angle that I can see:

Code:
function GetFurnitureDataInfo(number furnitureDataId)

--[[
 Currently returns:
   number:nilable categoryId,
   number:nilable subcategoryId,
   number FurnitureThemeType furnitureTheme

Consider changing to return:
   number:nilable categoryId,
   number:nilable subcategoryId,
   number FurnitureThemeType furnitureTheme,
   number HousingFurnishingLimitType limitType
]]
Thank you so much for your time.

04/02/18, 07:04 PM   #2
Dolgubon

Don't all furnishings take the same num of furniture slots? So I'm not sure what you mean by high or low impact.

04/03/18, 08:12 AM   #3
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
I have added the return as requested.

04/04/18, 07:43 PM   #4
Cardinal05
Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
I have added the return as requested.
Thank you so much! I really appreciate it :-)

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Wish List » [implemented] HousingFurnishingLimitType