01/02/15, 03:19 PM   #1
mauerman
Constant error messages with out-of-date addons

Hello

I have been using Undiscovered, WarLegend HUD and SpamFilter along with some other addons since the game came out. Now, all of a sudden all the ones the game says are "out of date" display error messages constantly. They worked fine before, even though they were out of date, as the game has the "allow out of date addons" option. But something has changed. I have tried reinstalling the game, i have tried reinstalling the addons, but Undiscovered and SpamFilter show an error message at every UI reload, but WarLegend HUD errors everytime I move my character. The problem has to be that it is out of date. it's the only explanation. Does anyone have a fix?

All up-to-date addons work fine, and it's only in the game they are "out-of-date". The clients say I have the latest version.

The error message is something to do with "attempt to index a nil value stack traceback".

I have tried with both manually installing the addons, and with Curse Client and with Minion client.

Regards,

Mauerman
01/02/15, 03:22 PM   #2
mauerman
This is the error I get at WarLegend HUD. It shows everytime I move my character, no matter how many times I click it away.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	eso error (2).png
Views:	1401
Size:	134.5 KB
ID:	529  
01/02/15, 07:33 PM   #3
BornDownUnder
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by mauerman View Post
This is the error I get at WarLegend HUD. It shows everytime I move my character, no matter how many times I click it away.
I've just downloaded WLHUD and will fire it up on a my addon test character, will clean up the code & give you a dropbox link as Lyeos did not provide permissions to post updates here.

EDIT: In the mean-time can you please post your settings for WLHUD.

To note:
It may take a day or two to provide you with a clean and updated WLHUD, I really do not want to give it back to you in a worse condition or with other bugs.

Last edited by BornDownUnder : 01/02/15 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Request for settings.
01/02/15, 08:13 PM   #4
Ayantir

Think WarLegendHud is too big to be quickly fixed.. It was a huge gazmachine before when it was working properly, you should use another one.

SpamFilter is no longer needed. Hav'nt seen any gold message since month in eso.
But maybe implement it in some chat addon for guild recruitment or LFG/LFM, etc..
01/03/15, 03:19 AM   #5
BornDownUnder
Originally Posted by Ayantir View Post
Think WarLegendHud is too big to be quickly fixed.. It was a huge gazmachine before when it was working properly, you should use another one.
I would agree on this too, though I am in the process of maintaining my own updated version of the group frame addon of Lyeos, so the code is more or less familiar.

I've already stripped it of non-functioning code (Target of Target, etc.)

I'll take a look at the buffs part though I think that will need to be re-done, which is something I won't do... You should try out Srendarr for a buffs addon.

There are some issue which will take me a little while to fix as I have not done any coding in that regards, anchor positioning, re-positioning, etc.

There is ggFrames, FTCombat, Azurah (Garkins update for patch 1.5.x) and more that would be viable as Unit-frame addon replacements (I use Azurah with Srendarr, as Azurah doesn't deal with buffs, plus it is the most akin to vanilla, which is also why I use Lyeos' group frames addon still)

SpamFilter is redundant since ZOS implemented the 3 delete character policy.

Undiscovered I have not used and probably never will as I like my mmo maps cleaner than my rpg maps (I love it as a feature in ES titles)

Those settings would be handy to have so I can duplicate your User Interface to make sure you do not receive any errors.
01/03/15, 05:49 AM   #6
Garkin

Originally Posted by BornDownUnder View Post
Undiscovered I have not used and probably never will as I like my mmo maps cleaner than my rpg maps (I love it as a feature in ES titles)
From the old Undiscovered code SnowmanDK created his Destinations which is way better then original addon. Give it a try.
01/03/15, 04:28 PM   #7
mauerman

EDIT: In the mean-time can you please post your settings for WLHUD.
I am not really that fluent in the workings of addons, when you say settings for WarLegend, what do you need me to do to find that information?

mauerman
01/03/15, 04:29 PM   #8
mauerman
Originally Posted by Garkin View Post
From the old Undiscovered code SnowmanDK created his Destinations which is way better then original addon. Give it a try.
Thank you, I have installed it and I will try it out.
01/03/15, 05:33 PM   #9
BornDownUnder
I am not really that fluent in the workings of addons, when you say settings for WarLegend, what do you need me to do to find that information?

mauerman
Ok, easiest and simplest way to post your in-game settings is copy/paste or attach your WarLegendHUD.lua file, you can locate it in:

C:\Users\<PC User Name>\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\SavedVariables

Note:

The above if for Windows 7, it is pretty much the same for any other operating system though.

If you use the EU version of ESO, then the folder will be <Elder Scrolls OnlineEU> or <LiveEU>?

Please remove your account details, you can find it in the Saved Variable file itself, it is a requirement to use addons, not a requirement for me to copy/paste your addon settings. The following code is copied from within the WarLegendHUD.lua saved variable file:

Lua Code:
  1. WarLegendHUDSave =
  2. {
  3.     ["Default"] =
  4.     {
  5.         ["@Accountname"] =  <---- Just delete this line please!
  6.         {
  7.             ["$AccountWide"] =

Thanks in advance as it will assist me in setting up your addon setup so I can remove variables which could cause some errors due to me not checking them, as it is going to be a one-off thing with this addon, for you and anybody else interested in having it as an updated to patch version... I do not plan on doing anymore updates to it though as it should function just fine for the future once I put it up on DropBox.
01/03/15, 09:05 PM   #10
mauerman
Ok, easiest and simplest way to post your in-game settings is copy/paste or attach your WarLegendHUD.lua file, you can locate it in:

C:\Users\<PC User Name>\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\SavedVariables
I opened in notepad++, here they are.

WarLegendHUDSave =
{
["Default"] =
{

{
["$AccountWide"] =
{
["Player_FadeOut"] = 0.5000000000,
["Global_Y"] = 0,
["Player_MPPerc_X"] = 220,
["Player_Anchor_Y"] = 938,
["Player_HP_InBar"] = false,
["PlayerHP_Height"] = 0,
["Enable_Player_HP_Perc"] = true,
["SharedArea_X"] = 860,
["Player_MP_Tresh"] = 30,
["PCastE_B"] = 0.3920000000,
["TargetTarget_Anchor_X"] = 1245,
["PlayerMP_Texture"] = true,
["Enable_Target"] = true,
["Target_Anchor_Y"] = 860,
["Horse_Anchor_X"] = 460,
["Enable_Target_T_HP_Perc"] = true,
["Target_Perc_X"] = 220,
["PlayerMP_Anchor_Y"] = 961,
["Player_MPBar_Width"] = 450,
["PlayerHP_Texture"] = true,
["PCastS_R"] = 0.5530000000,
["Global_X"] = 0,
["TargetHP_Texture"] = true,
["Player_MP_Alert"] = true,
["PlayerMP_Height"] = 0,
["TargetHP_Anchor_Y"] = 936,
["Player_HPPerc_X"] = 220,
["Player_SP_Enable"] = true,
["Player_MaxStat"] = false,
["Player_HP_Alert"] = true,
["PCastE_G"] = 0.5370000000,
["PlayerSP_Texture"] = true,
["Target_HPBar_Width"] = 350,
["Enable_Player_MP_Text"] = true,
["version"] = 1,
["Target_FadeOut"] = 0.5000000000,
["Target_Anchor_X"] = 940,
["TargetT_Perc_X"] = 100,
["Target_HP_InBar"] = true,
["FriendC"] =
{
[1] = 0.1725490196,
[2] = 0.4588235294,
[3] = 1,
},
["PCastE_R"] = 0.6820000000,
["TargetHP_Anchor_X"] = 1300,
["Enalbe_Target_Class"] = false,
["PlayerCast_Anchor_Y"] = 910,
["Enable_Target_HP_Perc"] = true,
["PlayerSP_Anchor_Y"] = 986,
["TargetHP_Height"] = 0,
["Lock_All_Frames"] = true,
["Player_SP_Alert"] = true,
["SharedArea_Y"] = 200,
["TargetTarget_Scale"] = 0.7500000000,
["Exec_Type"] = 1,
["Bars_Font"] = "ZoFontAlert",
["Player_SP_InBar"] = false,
["Player_HP_Tresh"] = 30,
["PlayerHP_Anchor_X"] = 480,
["PlayerSP_Height"] = 0,
["Def_ZOS_Target"] = false,
["Language"] = "English",
["Enable_Target_Exec"] = true,
["MPBarDir"] = "Right to Left",
["PCastS_B"] = 0.1410000000,
["Exec_Size"] = 64,
["Horse_Anchor_Y"] = 1006,
["Enable_P_Sticky"] = false,
["Target_Exec_Tresh"] = 20,
["PlayerSP_Anchor_X"] = 480,
["PCastS_G"] = 0.2510000000,
["Enable_Preview"] = false,
["PlayerHP_Anchor_Y"] = 936,
["Player_HPBar_Width"] = 450,
["Target_LBL_Width"] = 350,
["Enable_Player_MP_Perc"] = true,
["Target_Scale"] = 0.7500000000,
["Enable_Player_HP_Text"] = true,
["PlayerCast_Anchor_X"] = 575,
["Player_Anchor_X"] = 595,
["Player_HP_Enable"] = true,
["Player_SP_Tresh"] = 30,
["PlayerMP_Anchor_X"] = 480,
["Enable_Target_T"] = true,
["GuildC"] =
{
[1] = 0.3333333333,
[2] = 1,
[3] = 0.3333333333,
},
["Player_Scale"] = 0.7500000000,
["Bars_Font_Size"] = 1,
["Enable_MemUsage"] = false,
["Player_MP_InBar"] = false,
["Player_MP_Enable"] = true,
["Player_SPBar_Width"] = 450,
["Enable_Player_SP_Text"] = true,
["Target_MaxStat"] = false,
["Enable_Player_SP_Perc"] = true,
["Player_SPPerc_X"] = 220,
["TargetTarget_Anchor_Y"] = 750,
},
},
},
}
01/04/15, 12:47 AM   #11
BornDownUnder
I opened in notepad++, here they are...
That is perfect, now I can make sure you shouldn't see any errors given your particular addon configuration.
01/04/15, 12:38 PM   #12
mauerman
Error messages for Undiscovered and SpamFilter

I have stopped using these AddOns, but I found a .log with information about the errors.

Thought I should just post them anyway.

2015-01-02T22:02:07.300+01:00 |cff0000Lua Error: EsoUI/Common/ZO_Options/ZO_SharedOptions.lua:23: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
EsoUI/Common/ZO_Options/ZO_SharedOptions.lua:23: in function 'ZO_SharedOptions:InitializeControl'
EsoUI/Common/ZO_Options/Keyboard/ZO_Options_Keyboard.lua:61: in function 'ZO_KeyboardOptions:InitializeControl'
EsoUI/Common/ZO_Options/Keyboard/ZO_Options_Keyboard.lua:98: in function 'ZO_OptionsWindow_InitializeControl'
user:/AddOns/Undiscovered/Libs/LibAddonMenu-1.0/LibAddonMenu-1.0.lua:59: in function 'lam:AddHeader'
user:/AddOns/Undiscovered/Undiscovered.lua:155: in function 'InitSettings'
user:/AddOns/Undiscovered/Undiscovered.lua:300: in function 'OnLoad'|r

2015-01-02T22:02:07.347+01:00 |cff0000Lua Error: EsoUI/Common/ZO_Options/ZO_SharedOptions.lua:23: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
EsoUI/Common/ZO_Options/ZO_SharedOptions.lua:23: in function 'ZO_SharedOptions:InitializeControl'
EsoUI/Common/ZO_Options/Keyboard/ZO_Options_Keyboard.lua:61: in function 'ZO_KeyboardOptions:InitializeControl'
EsoUI/Common/ZO_Options/Keyboard/ZO_Options_Keyboard.lua:98: in function 'ZO_OptionsWindow_InitializeControl'
user:/AddOns/Undiscovered/Libs/LibAddonMenu-1.0/LibAddonMenu-1.0.lua:59: in function 'lam:AddHeader'
user:/AddOns/SpamFilter/SpamFilter.lua:872: in function 'OnAddOnLoaded'|r
01/04/15, 01:12 PM   #13
Garkin

I have stopped using these AddOns, but I found a .log with information about the errors.

Thought I should just post them anyway.

Code:
2015-01-02T22:02:07.300+01:00 |cff0000Lua Error: EsoUI/Common/ZO_Options/ZO_SharedOptions.lua:23: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
	user:/AddOns/Undiscovered/Undiscovered.lua:155: in function 'InitSettings'
	user:/AddOns/Undiscovered/Undiscovered.lua:300: in function 'OnLoad'|r
Code:
2015-01-02T22:02:07.347+01:00 |cff0000Lua Error: EsoUI/Common/ZO_Options/ZO_SharedOptions.lua:23: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
	user:/AddOns/SpamFilter/SpamFilter.lua:872: in function 'OnAddOnLoaded'|r
In other words - both addons needs updated LibAddonMenu-1.0 (LibAddonMenu-1.0.lua) because of changes in ZO_Options in Update 5.
01/04/15, 09:21 PM   #14
BornDownUnder
Originally Posted by Garkin View Post
In other words - both addons needs updated LibAddonMenu-1.0 (LibAddonMenu-1.0.lua) because of changes in ZO_Options in Update 5.
True, that is only part of the issue, there are a number of little nuances.

If you have stopped using the addons then I will put it on the back-burner for now and focus on my own addon development.
01/04/15, 11:48 PM   #15
mauerman
True, that is only part of the issue, there are a number of little nuances.

If you have stopped using the addons then I will put it on the back-burner for now and focus on my own addon development.
I have not stopped using WLHUD, and I would very much like the help if you will provide it.

I have switched to Destinations instead of Undiscovered, and I have stopped using SpamFilter.

I would still like to use WLHUD

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Constant error messages with out-of-date addons