12/14/21, 03:35 PM   #1
monyhara
Minion will not run the latest update

i have turned on minion, and it prompted me with an update and so i hit update and restart. nothing happened, it keeps coming up with the same prompt, so after a few times hitting that button, i uninstalled it and tried it again, and again it keeps prompting me to update and nothing happens.
Please advice
12/14/21, 04:28 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Try the troubleshooting sticky post steps please!
12/14/21, 04:34 PM   #3
monyhara
i have done already before i posted in here. it has not done anything for me. i also may need to mention that i am runninh on windows, and i have tried 64 bit as well as 32 bit and the same issue is on both versions
12/14/21, 05:10 PM   #4
Hanielgaroy
Originally Posted by monyhara View Post
i have turned on minion, and it prompted me with an update and so i hit update and restart. nothing happened, it keeps coming up with the same prompt, so after a few times hitting that button, i uninstalled it and tried it again, and again it keeps prompting me to update and nothing happens.
Please advice
I'm with monyhara, I get the update process everytime I run Minion now, even immediately after Minion is restarted by the update.
I have also followed all steps in the sticky, and tried a few that weren't listed. It's bloody annoying, but doesn't appear to be cripplling.
12/14/21, 06:06 PM   #5
monyhara
i have just tried again and it finally updated, so whatever you have just done it helped, thank you very much
12/17/21, 01:58 AM   #6
yoco007
Originally Posted by monyhara View Post
i have just tried again and it finally updated, so whatever you have just done it helped, thank you very much
Did you do anything special! It's not working for me! Still prompts new update!
12/17/21, 07:22 AM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Try to start the Minion.exe file with admin privileges. And update your antivirus tools to allow access to the Minion install directory, to c:\users\<your windows username>\AppData\local\Minion (check if the folder exists, even if Minion was installed to another folder -> this is the deault minion install folder).
This is alo mentioned at the Minion troubleshooting guide so please follow the hints provided there:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8082

If I do not create an exclusion in my antivirus Minion.exe will be blocked and even the start + updates will make my PC hang and be troubled.
With the exclusion added it will start, show the update dialog, and update fine + show the game selection screen afterwards.

Last edited by Baertram : 12/17/21 at 02:02 PM.
12/17/21, 08:20 AM   #8
yoco007
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Try to start the Minion.exe file with admin privileges.
This worked!

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion will not run the latest update