01/05/23, 10:17 AM   #1
draworrun
My Master Merchant is completely broken

Hi all,
Suddenly my MM stopped working. I disabled all my addons and reinstalled MM but it would not help. The worst part I do not remember exactly when that error started popping out, but it seems to me it starts after the last major patch.

Also, I can't reset settings:

If I try to change any settings random errors start popping out:

Any help is higher appreciated, thanks in advance!
01/05/23, 10:40 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Sacred lord, hopefully someone will finally notice these clearly sticky post BEFORE posting here again and again ...
Happy new year:

-> "If you have a specific addon related question or bug report"

Enter "Master Merchant" or similar, and click on that addon in the list, READ it's description and FAQ and sticky comments for bug fixing and follow that information first!
Read the last comments other users wrote there and see if your bug was mentioned and a fix is mentioned too OR the dev already said he knows and works on it.

After that, if it does not fix your issue: Post a comment directy at the addon, not here in the forums.
And the dev(s) will see it and help you there.

Thanks for following these simple rules: First read, then post! ;-)

Last edited by Baertram : 01/05/23 at 11:00 AM.
01/05/23, 10:51 AM   #3
draworrun
Just noted MM errors appeared when I tried to change my Video\Graphics\Anti-Alliasing setting..
01/05/23, 11:24 AM   #4
Sharlikran

First off there are responses already that explain reading sticky posts and following certain posting guidelines. Whether or not it's necessarily disrespectful doesn't matter it's not appropriate. You don't send me a PM post in the mod and post in the forums. I work and have 5 children so I will get to whatever question you have asked when I have time. Next time you do this I will just erase everything I don't care.

Solution

For you, your MM data has become corrupted or OneDrive reset one of the files that it felt was out of sync which replaces a very important file full of guild and account names so they aren't repeated hundreds of thousands of times throughout your data file.

If you do not use OneDrive then your files were corrupted somehow on save. If you use OneDrive uninstall it unless there is some important work or school use for it. It is really useless for gamers because it takes over your entire MyDocuments folder where ESO save files reside.

1. Exit the game
2. Delete all the GSxxData.lua files (00 to 17) under SavedVariables
3. Delete the LibGuildStore.lua file under SavedVariables
4. Log in

Then wait for the refresh to complete. It must finish to test other things.

After the refresh finishes be sure you enable Detailed Information on Graph points. If you enable that and all the information is there for the dots then your LibHistorie cache was not corrupted as well and you are good to go. Then make a backup about once a week in case this happens again.
01/05/23, 11:42 AM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
About OneDrive:

If you do not use OneDrive then your files were corrupted somehow on save. If you use OneDrive uninstall it unless there is some important work or school use for it. It is really useless for gamers because it takes over your entire MyDocuments folder where ESO save files reside.
In the past there existed a settings entry at Microsoft OneDrive where you coudl change the backup of your "documents folder" to OneDrive -> Set it off. This way your files are moved back to normal Documents/Elder Scrolls Online folder and thus do not interfere anymore.
Example where someone asked: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...5-c44bb0f9b5ed

If you feel though that you need OneDrive and the documents folder backup, it could happen that your Elder Scrolls Online folder in the documents folder get's "touched" and files get out of proper versioning as Sharlikran explained.
01/05/23, 12:10 PM   #6
draworrun
Originally Posted by Sharlikran View Post
First off there are responses already that explain reading sticky posts and following certain posting guidelines. Whether or not it's necessarily disrespectful doesn't matter it's not appropriate. You don't send me a PM post in the mod and post in the forums. I work and have 5 children so I will get to whatever question you have asked when I have time. Next time you do this I will just erase everything I don't care.

Solution

For you, your MM data has become corrupted or OneDrive reset one of the files that it felt was out of sync which replaces a very important file full of guild and account names so they aren't repeated hundreds of thousands of times throughout your data file.

1. Exit the game
2. Delete all the GSxxData.lua files (00 to 17) under SavedVariables
3. Delete the LibGuildStore.lua file under SavedVariables
4. Log in

Then wait for the refresh to complete. It must finish to test other things.

After the refresh finishes be sure you enable Detailed Information on Graph points. If you enable that and all the information is there for the dots then your LibHistorie cache was not corrupted as well and you are good to go. Then make a backup about once a week in case this happens again.
It helps. Sorry for bothering you
01/05/23, 02:50 PM   #7
Sharlikran

Originally Posted by draworrun View Post
It helps. Sorry for bothering you
I am happy to help because that's a confusing error. It's approaching it as if a solar flare engulfed the earth in flames that I was concerned with.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » My Master Merchant is completely broken