08/23/14, 06:06 AM   #1
Ayantir

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
ZO_LinkHandler_CreateURLLink blocked?

Hello all,

I wanted to implement HTTP link clickable in pChat (you know, paste a youtube link, click on it and yeah, it opens your browser !), but I block on a ZO function wich seems to be buggy (or maybe i didn't understood how it works).

First, i wanted to use the same system as we can see at login screen (at the bottom of the page or when you clic help, etc). but I know, pregame funcs are not accessible .. BUT ..

there's a subfunction of ZO_LinkHandler_CreateLink() called ZO_LinkHandler_CreateURLLink(stringtodisplay, url)) wich should work.

it can be use with :

Lua Code:
  1. ZO_LinkHandler_CreateLink(stringtodisplay, nil, URL_LINK_TYPE, url)
or
Lua Code:
  1. ZO_LinkHandler_CreateURLLink(url, stringtodisplay)

There's also some constants used for dialog implemented ingame, like SI_CONFIRM_OPEN_URL_TITLE or SI_CONFIRM_OPEN_URL_TEXT

But either with or or other func, i got a

Assertion failed: TooltipControl: Attempt to set invalid or malformed link.
when I clic on the link. (it should send a call to ZO_Dialogs_ShowDialog i suppose, and the problem here, there are not a single reference to *URL* in dialogs for ingame.

URL_LINK_TYPE is also defined in zo_linkhandler.lua and all those funcs can be found trough zgoo..

I'm not a lua guru, but maybe i'm doing wrong ? or are those funcs really "not well implemented" ?

PS: I also tried to cheat and make handler by myself, I can recreate the window dialog, but ConfirmOpenURL() also seems do do not exists for ingame :/

thanks for expertise !
08/23/14, 06:26 AM   #2
Garkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
As far as I know URL links are enabled just in "pregame" GUI (login screen etc.), "ingame" GUI does not support URL links.
But if you want to implement at least something what hadles URL links in the chat, check DerpURL.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » ZO_LinkHandler_CreateURLLink blocked?