08/22/15, 07:29 AM   #1
@AlphaLemming

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Problems with parsing Quests to Recipe name

Hallo, i'am working on my new CrafStore feature and its nearly completed, but now i have a problem:

I'am playing with a german client and the provisioning daily is: "Stellt Khenarthis beflügelnden Chai her"
but the recipe/result name is: "Khenarthis beflügelter Chai"

I don't know if anyone has tested it with other addons who provides a option to craft for daily writs.

How can i get the correct name like in the quest? I tried some versions with zo_strformat("<<ma:1>>",...) etc. but nothing works.
08/22/15, 07:55 AM   #2
Wandamey
what writ level is it? i don't remember having tested that one. It's probably broken for me too.

as there is apparently no option to get the item id of the asked item, you'll have to conditionaly replace the word i guess.
we're lucky there is a limited number of possible writs.

in french you may struggle with unbreakable spaces but think that there is a recipe who has them Inside the drink name too so you can't replace them all like in potion maker (you'll find how to get rid of the final one before ":" in WandalizeKCP or Mer Writ Filters)
08/22/15, 08:01 AM   #3
@AlphaLemming

Thats a max level provisioning quest.

If there is no save way with the API i will stop working on it because such string-parser are not the way to do it or makeing big tables with all quests in all languages ... nay.
08/22/15, 08:22 AM   #4
Wandamey
maybe it looks like tinkering but if you wanna have these done, you'll have to dirty your hands especially with the so-so translations.

or not. your choice.

(and i still can't get lvl 6 writs myslef, but had no reports on this one )

Last edited by Wandamey : 08/22/15 at 08:25 AM.
08/22/15, 09:38 AM   #5
merlight
Originally Posted by @AlphaLemming View Post
If there is no save way with the API i will stop working on it because such string-parser are not the way to do it or makeing big tables with all quests in all languages ... nay.
AFAIK there's currently no way to get either itemLink or 100% correct item name from quest info. Wandamey knows many of these translation quirks, as he's actively testing writs of various levels.
08/22/15, 09:54 AM   #6
Wandamey
At some point I thought of making a lib for this, but like alpha, i'm not fond of big tables.
although in the end whatever the method you choose, there'll be reworking to do at each API change. so. well...pick one.

it would be more satisfaying to see the actual writ texts fixed, but tickets and requests on official ESO forum seem to be overlooked.
When I have all of my writ levels tested i'll compile the typos and open a topic here.
It may take long, i don't like rushing the game. (and not really playing atm)

The weirdest thing is, some parsing error make the "blue marathon" show the id in the description, but there still are typos when ESO uses it's DB? could it be that the translated names are entered twice with a risk of error each time? i don't feel guilty for tinkering when I see that tbh.
08/22/15, 10:10 AM   #7
Ayantir

stop having 6 addons for writs

so much energy spent for 1 little thing in game there's tons of things we didn't explored yet ..
08/22/15, 10:31 AM   #8
Wandamey
although i can be said for all kind of addons and not just the writs ones, i have to agree that by going too wide on an addon purpose, you are forcing people to go turn off options of the other addons which does the same thing, not to mention creating addon compabilities issue (not speaking of crafstore here, but it has been seen many times now)
08/24/15, 09:47 AM   #9
Wandamey
i think i found out why the "typo" with a generated sentence : itemname : khenarthis beflügelnder chai^mgs

this ^mgs is probably the typo.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Problems with parsing Quests to Recipe name