02/24/20, 06:58 AM   #1
ExoY

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Is my Addon allowed?

Hello Everybody.
I am completely new to writing and publishing Addons. So if I am supposed to put this somewhere else let me know.

My question is rather simple.

My Addon selects a certain Item from your Quickslots during combat. It is meant to assure, that during Raid you always use the right potion. (It only selects and locks the potion, the player still has to activate it manually)

I have read ZOS terms, what is allowed in an Addon and what is forbidden.
But I have difficulty to determin, whether this functionality is okay or to much of an automatisation.

I am looking forward to any kind of insight.

Regards,
ExoY
02/24/20, 07:09 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Should be allowed as other addons already exist doing this e.g. FCO StarveStop or Harvens Potion Alert (or similar) and I never read or heard any complaints.

There also exist addons which use keybinds to activate the quickslot's slots.

I doubt this is against the TOS as you do not provide any automatism (as you cannot auto consume the quickslots this will be fine imo).

But if you'd build an addon which let's select and auto consume items from your inventory (like use a health potion autoamtically if not on cooldown and your health is low) I'm not sure if this would be forbidden. Some addons do this with food buff but I guess this will be allowed again as it is not used every x seconds.
02/27/20, 05:15 AM   #3
ExoY

Close Thread

Since my question has been answered this thread can be closed and archived (or deleted).

If I am able to do so myself, let me know.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Is my Addon allowed?