05/03/19, 05:17 PM   #1
dralvok
An Addon That Removes The Blur Around Inventory Zoomed Screenshots Bookmark

(Ignore the word bookmark in the title, I am unsure how to edit a thread title)

There is a blur that is put around your character that blurs the background when you use your inventory to zoom into them, and I am wondering if it is possible to remove it via an addon (motion blur option in ingame settings does not work). Taking a screenshot in the inventory provides a convenient angle to take a screenshot of your character in. Plus it provides your photo with artificial lightning that can be essential to shots.

Here is an example of a screenshot I took of one of my characters showcasing the meridian purified skin. You can notice the inventory blur in the background.

The bottom picture was taken outside the inventory. Note that it lacks the artificial lighting the inventory provides. Bottom photo taken about the same time.

05/03/19, 07:48 PM   #2
Wheels
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Isn't that caused by the Depth of Field setting?
05/04/19, 07:48 AM   #3
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This effect is set via SetFullscreenEffect(FULLSCREEN_EFFECT_CHARACTER_FRAMING_BLUR, x, y). Using the following command in chat should remove it:
Code:
/script SetFullscreenEffect(FULLSCREEN_EFFECT_NONE)
For a more permanent solution, one could try to replace the UpdateTarget function of the ZO_CharacterFramingBlur scene fragment so it doesn't do anything. That should remove the effect from most menus.
05/04/19, 08:03 AM   #4
dralvok
Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
Isn't that caused by the Depth of Field setting?
The option doesnt work

Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
This effect is set via SetFullscreenEffect(FULLSCREEN_EFFECT_CHARACTER_FRAMING_BLUR, x, y). Using the following command in chat should remove it:
Code:
For a more permanent solution, one could try to replace the UpdateTarget function of the ZO_CharacterFramingBlur scene fragment so it doesn't do anything. That should remove the effect from most menus.
Your name sounds familiar
05/04/19, 12:29 PM   #5
dralvok
Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
Code:
I can confirm that that command works, tho it requires you to be in the inventory and it requires you to retype it. Thank you.

Last edited by dralvok : 05/04/19 at 01:45 PM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » An Addon That Removes The Blur Around Inventory Zoomed Screenshots Bookmark