06/24/14, 07:15 PM   #1
dominoid
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
How to Keep Your Add-on Settings in v1.2

Not sure it's happened to everyone, but . . .

Settings used to be saved under your @username in SavedVariables. They appear to be saved under "" now.
So . . . open all your savedvariable files, find "@Name" near the beginning and replace it with "" and you should be all set.

Before: https://www.dropbox.com/s/thkq3w83tmsszfx/LUABefore.png

After: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2lukxmdrhxv0tm1/LUAAfter.png
06/24/14, 07:32 PM   #2
SkOODaT

yea i was wondering that also last few times they patched because services were down the account name didnt populate and the "" happend but after a bit they got restored and everything was ok .... did they make a fundamental change so that its always under "" and not "ACCOUNTNAME"?
06/24/14, 07:51 PM   #3
skyraker
May have been a post of yours I commented on in the forums. The "" issue should not be due to the API change. The last time this happened it was what happened when your character was placed in the overflow instance and then logged out. I wonder if that is the case again.
06/24/14, 08:00 PM   #4
dominoid
Originally Posted by skyraker View Post
May have been a post of yours I commented on in the forums. The "" issue should not be due to the API change. The last time this happened it was what happened when your character was placed in the overflow instance and then logged out. I wonder if that is the case again.
Mine seems to be stubbornly stuck saving settings as ""

Are you saying that after the patch your settings are saving correctly to @UserName?

I do have a ton of add-ons that could be conflicting, but many are having this issue.
06/24/14, 08:12 PM   #5
dominoid
I loaded up a single add-on to see if something in my massive list was causing the "". Even with that single add-on and several relogs, that single-enabled add-on is saving to "".
06/24/14, 08:23 PM   #6
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
I'm pretty sure this is likely a bug on their end, it isn't a change that makes sense and I doubt that they made this change deliberately. I'm going to send them a bug report to add further verification to the reports they are getting on the forums.
06/25/14, 12:00 AM   #7
skyraker
No, it is doing it to me. It just ended up putting it after my regular account settings. But I agree with Cairenn.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » How to Keep Your Add-on Settings in v1.2