02/17/14, 01:54 PM   #61
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Welcome to the site ESOljl. As 10leej says, we all start somewhere. And for reference, 60 isn't all that old these days. I know people playing MMOs that are older than you.
02/17/14, 03:49 PM   #62
DROG VOKUN

Drog Vokun from Battleborn Sentinels. Theory crafter, strategist, and PVP enthusiast. Nice to meet all of you.
02/17/14, 05:16 PM   #63
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Nice to meet you, Drog Vokun.
02/17/14, 06:42 PM   #64
DROG VOKUN

Nice to be here, compliments on the map. My guild was going to do this and you saved us the trouble.
02/17/14, 08:53 PM   #65
Holylifton

Hi guys. Holylifton here

Been waiting 10 years for this game, ever since Morrowind. I loved that game but got lonely so switched to WoW and then SWTOR, then Tera, then Rift, then GW2, Beta for Secret World in there somewhere. Oh yeah, EVE Online too for a bit (twice) and Neverworld....... Yup, I think that's it. Does Second Life count? I was a Viking in that. I've done three TESO betas so far and love this game. Hopefully TESO doesn't turn into a never ending gear grind like the aforementioned games. It always seemed that by the time I got my toons geared up in WoW/SWTOR, they came up with better gear and it's back to getting facerolled until you're suited up again. Rinse and repeat.

I always found the ??????head.com sites were my bread and butter for MMOs. The vast libraries of information on virtually any aspect of the game alone make them invaluable. Eventually, you'll find the comments sections provide a ton of great info from how to defeat that boss who's been giving you a hard time to where's the place to farm a particular mat.

I look forward to watching this game evolve with you all. I even managed to find a good guild (Obsidian Brotherhood) with decent people to play with.

Last edited by Holylifton : 02/17/14 at 09:02 PM.
02/18/14, 10:07 AM   #66
Anceane

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hello everyone!

I am more the one to use addons (well those not breaking for me the atmosphere of the game) so thank you in advance for those.

I tested my skills at creating on Lotrointerface, as Eili, with an ui addon named Isil , but beside that, i am not good at LUA beside adapting for myself sometimes.

As always i fear that too much addons can break the whole experience of the game as well as making it easier in instances or with group .... so as you see my feelings are mixed. :P
02/18/14, 11:36 AM   #67
Liamwulf

Premium Member
This is Mike aka Valimonde (wowinterface and wowhead), Ealdor (lotrointerface) and or manorton (Zam)

I am a LONG time fan of the Zam sites and so excited about ESOUI and ESOHEAD!

I am a video creator and community cat herder (part time. . full time I am a QA Tester for a software developer) In the months before SWTOR release I orginized and facilitaed the TOR Hangouts (Now called Coffee Flavored Gaming http://goo.gl/SyN4s7) as well as the TOR Quick Tips: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL85FFF9AFDD331EA0

I can't wait to get into ESO with you all and I already have some ESO Quick Tips almost ready to upload!

Let's make this a fantastic community!!!

*bug hugs to the zam team*!
02/18/14, 12:55 PM   #68
Abardomas1

Hi All - Happy to be a new, proud member!
02/18/14, 01:11 PM   #69
Ark

Hi! I'm Ark, and I'm a user of wowhead and wow interface since long ago...and now, with ESO incoming, I'll try to stay around here for a while

I did stop playing WoW almost a year ago. I got exhausted. Every day (minus saturdays) I had raid, and I was the main heal and officer of my clan (for a while). Too much years playing the same...
I love PVE and PVP, but on ESO I'll focus on PVP. I'll not get into that drug called hi-end PVE anymore. Now I know the warmth of the sun on my skin, I love the sound of the giggles of the girls meanwhile I got drunk with my friends XD WoW was great, but too much great is enough.

And...I'm a masochist. Yeah...really. Why? Because I love healing. I'm a confess masochist paladin of the light.
Playing Holy Paladin on WoW did teach me some things:
a) Hate Priests
b) You never have enough mana
c) Hate Priests
d) A tank is no 'somebody' with a shield
e) Did I mention that I hate priests?
So, what is gonna be my main? A ****ing templar...yeah. Another game of healing other messes, hear crying, being ganked...
Hey do you know that HORRIBLE Drug-Game called League of Legends? I'm a main support there!
...I hate myself XD XD XD

The good thing is that here, on ESO, I love healing. Its fresh, its easy, all smart healing the way to glory. No crazy macros, no 25 bindings on my Razer Naga, no Vuhdo and Skada
"Hey, the tank is dead!" "Did he roll the big-red-cone-of-death?" "Nop" "NOT. MY. FAULT" I love it
02/18/14, 03:00 PM   #70
gamegenius86

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hi! Its very nice to meet everyone

I'm working on a few ideas for add-ons right now and hope to contribute them as soon we get another beta event to test them out

Cant wait!!
02/18/14, 03:04 PM   #71
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
So many people! Rawr!

Hi Drog Vokun. Yeah, the *head team always does a great job on maps, don't they?

Hey Holylifton. 10 years is a long time, but your wait is almost over!

Woot, hi Anceane! I know that name (Eili)! Good to see you here as well!

*Pounces Liamwulf/Valimonde/Ealdor/Manorton* I so love seeing people that have been around on our various sites 'forever'. But will you be upset with me if I give you big hugs, instead of bug ones?

I also love new members! Welcome Abardomas!

Hey Ark. Yeah, it's so easy to get seriously hooked, isn't it? Good to see you.

Looking forward to checking them out, Gamegenius 86! Welcome to the site.
02/18/14, 05:21 PM   #72
Drakah

Premium Member
Hello peeps!
02/18/14, 05:44 PM   #73
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Drakah!

02/19/14, 07:10 AM   #74
Liamwulf

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
*Pounces Liamwulf/Valimonde/Ealdor/Manorton* I so love seeing people that have been around on our various sites 'forever'. But will you be upset with me if I give you big hugs, instead of bug ones?
Not upset at all. And so much for catching "that" bug ;-)
02/19/14, 02:12 PM   #75
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
*giggles at Liamwulf*
02/22/14, 04:58 PM   #76
JonathanDark

Originally Posted by Liamwulf View Post
This is Mike aka Valimonde (wowinterface and wowhead), Ealdor (lotrointerface) and or manorton (Zam)
Hey, Mike! I was in your guild in SWTOR, Redeemed. Good to see you here.
02/26/14, 05:19 PM   #77
Nyro

Hi there, I'm a newbie in add-on dev and I'm French...It's not always that hard you know.
Anyway, I'm glad I found you and hope I could learn from you as much as you'll find a good foreign ally to count on.
Btw, I'm significantly better in french and I understand english better than I write it, so tel me if I could be of any help in translation.
02/26/14, 06:35 PM   #78
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Welcome to the site Nyro!
02/27/14, 01:03 AM   #79
1336PvE
Hello folks,

Am new to the modding scene. I've dabbled a bit, but just couldn't get me head around it. I've been in MMOs on and off since EQ launch. Top favorite is DAoC. Currently in CAD schooling right now, but drawing boxes doesn't compare to UI modding.

As for UIs, I'm more the PvE passive style addons. Stuff that helps with tedious affairs. I appreciate the simplistic UI ESO offers, but sure would be nice knowing where resource nodes and such are.

Not so much for the combat stuff, that's were my main focus will be to pay attention. I've been in beta but didn't group so I don't know about default group UI. I can imagine the need for something to assist healers.

I don't know how much success I will have w/ trying out modding, but am looking forward to exciting times in ESO.

Keep up the great work!
02/27/14, 01:23 AM   #80
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Good to meet you 1336PvE.

ESOUI » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Welcome! Please feel free to introduce yourself!