04/01/14, 09:14 PM   #1
Aalwein
[Possible?] Target lock-on

Is the API capable of creating an add-on that would lock-on your target with a keybind? Similar to how FFXIV has a lock-on? This would be a great addition for gamepad users.
04/01/14, 10:35 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There's the tab keybind... Not sure if it "locks" your target or not, though...
04/01/14, 10:38 PM   #3
Aalwein
It locks on as much as putting a box around it, but I mean to actually have the camera lock to the target, so that when you strafe, you circle around the mob instead of simply going left or right. It would lock your reticule onto the enemy and your movement would be in relation to that mob until unlock. It's hard to describe; I can only point to FFXIV's target lock feature for comparison.
04/02/14, 03:03 AM   #4
Tajin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Nope, that can't be done and also shouldn't be done.

API restrictions prevent addons from taking direct control over the player.
04/02/14, 08:38 AM   #5
Aalwein
It would need to take over the camera, not the player. But you're probably right, this is probably something that ZO needs to add for the console crowd and hopefully gets carried over to the PC version, because it really makes playing with a controller a lot more natural.
04/03/14, 10:10 AM   #6
FoleyX90
Originally Posted by Aalwein View Post
It would need to take over the camera, not the player. But you're probably right, this is probably something that ZO needs to add for the console crowd and hopefully gets carried over to the PC version, because it really makes playing with a controller a lot more natural.
I'm looking into building a mod similar to what you're describing. See Dark Souls Targetting. This would, of course, only be viable for gamepad/controller users.
04/03/14, 12:24 PM   #7
Aalwein
I never played Dark Souls but keep me posted on your mod and I'll test it out for you.
04/04/14, 07:04 PM   #8
bb8049
I too would love to see this. I loved the targeting/lock system in FFXIV and Dark Souls. Can't wait to try it out..would be happy to help test!

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » [Possible?] Target lock-on