03/22/14, 01:03 AM   #1
Shane-o
[BUG] Microsoft JScript runtime error

G'day

This error window pops up at startup of Minion and continues to pop up 6 more times till the program fully loads. Error window will also pop-up once upon clicking any add-on for details

This happened in the previous version and continues in the latest version [20 March]

Minion#.log: http://pastebin.com/Zdqgr333
Minion.xml: http://pastebin.com/gzVg6JUS

Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit
03/23/14, 03:14 AM   #2
deirae
Getting same thing here as well, running Windows 7 64bit.
03/23/14, 12:00 PM   #3
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Thanks for the report all. I'm looking into it now and trying to find the cause and reproduce it on my end.
03/24/14, 03:18 AM   #4
Shane-o
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Thanks for the report all. I'm looking into it now and trying to find the cause and reproduce it on my end.
No problems. Let me know if you need me to do/try anything else to help
03/25/14, 11:37 AM   #5
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
We think it has something to do with Java's Webview and your IE Security or UAC settings. When Minion first launches it shows a Webview window with the license agreement to Minion. It also uses Webview when showing the AddOn descriptions in the AddOn details window. So it seems you are getting those errors any time you view something that uses Webview.
  1. What version of IE is on your system?
  2. Did you install Minion in the default location or did you install it some where else (if other location please list)?
  3. Also what are your IE security settings at? Low / Medium / High or Custom?
  4. Have you changed the default windows UAC settings?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Dolby : 03/25/14 at 11:44 AM.
03/30/14, 01:49 PM   #6
Shane-o
What version of IE is on your system?
Version 11

Did you install Minion in the default location or did you install it some where else (if other location please list)?
No, I installed it to D:\Minion

Also what are your IE security settings at? Low / Medium / High or Custom?
Does that matter even though I don't nor ever use IE? I just loaded it for the first time now and chose "Recommended Settings" which has set it to Medium-High

Have you changed the default windows UAC settings?
UAC is turned off

NOTE: I tried loading Minion after running IE and choosing the recommended settings as stated above. Still same result. I changed the security setting to Medium (lowest it will go) with the same result. I also unticked "Enable Protected Mode" to no avail

Minion ultimately does work, it just throws up error windows as per my OP
05/15/14, 05:31 AM   #7
Shane-o
Okay. Brand new install of Minion on a fresh new hard drive and this problem STILL occurs

Default install location for Minion
Default IE settings when I loaded it for the first time (medium/high, protected mode is ticked)
UAC is off
Windows 7 64 bit
Newest version of Java 64 bit (u55)
Minion0.log HERE
Minion.xml HERE

Help?
05/15/14, 11:54 AM   #8
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
We've gotten some more infromaltion about this from other users now. So I have a couple new questions.

Are you using firefox as your default browser?

Are you using any Add-ons that act as a proxy so you can watch videos that are locked to certain countries? If not can you list the Add-ons you are using?

A user that was using a video proxy plugin was getting this error and when he disabled everything worked fine. If you find an Add-on in your default browser that when disabled allows minion to work fine let me know. We are trying to work on a fix for this and the more info we have the better.

Thanks
05/16/14, 10:43 AM   #9
neiljwd

Hi Dolby.
I was having an issue whereby when I started Minion, I'd have 10-15 or so Error Boxes, they were quite small, with no detail, just Error in title bar.

I read your above mesage and Disabling MediaHint addon in Firefox(my default browser on Windows 7 64bit) did indeed immediately fix it. IS there anything I can upload to help you address it? Other than that cheers for the post above, simple workaround.
05/16/14, 04:26 PM   #10
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Thanks for letting me know. There isn't anything you can provide at the moment.

We are investigating why this happens. It has to do with Java's webview system and that it barrows things from the default browser. We are looking into ways to configure Minion not to do that.
05/17/14, 05:17 AM   #11
Shane-o
We've gotten some more infromaltion about this from other users now. So I have a couple new questions.

Are you using firefox as your default browser?

Are you using any Add-ons that act as a proxy so you can watch videos that are locked to certain countries? If not can you list the Add-ons you are using?

A user that was using a video proxy plugin was getting this error and when he disabled everything worked fine. If you find an Add-on in your default browser that when disabled allows minion to work fine let me know. We are trying to work on a fix for this and the more info we have the better.

Thanks
Well, MediaHint was the culprit. Disabled that (forgot I even had it as I used it once last year) and Minion works

What an odd thing to happen but I'm glad you have an understanding on where it's [error] coming from

Thankyou

Last edited by Shane-o : 05/17/14 at 08:11 AM.
10/03/14, 11:52 AM   #12
choekstr

minion jscript syntax error [SOLVED]

I wanted to report back that on a brand new windows 8.1 x64 install this happened immediately with Minion but none of the fixes across the multiple threads solved it.

I don't run any external or internal (squid) proxies and have it default of "auto-detect proxy settings".
I tried disabling any plugins within IE (never use it) or FireFox (about 6 plugins) and still had this issue.
I tried resetting the system Internet Options (aka IE's settings) but they were already at default and thus didn't help.
I then switched my default browser back to IE which didn't help but I did find a fix by changing some settings associated with security, activeX and others.

Once I isolated the problem it turns out that whichever browser is set as the default it MUST be set to "No Proxy" instead of the default "Auto-detect proxy" that both IE and FF use.

Hope this helps others...
choekstr

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » [BUG] Microsoft JScript runtime error