08/02/14, 06:08 AM   #1
petteuk
Post Editing LUI mod can I do it?

Hi guys Im using LUI addon since day one and now it has come to a point it needs update specially with new stuff and changes coming out I notice some bugs, so Im trying to fix myself but my knowledge is pretty limited all I can do is use wiki to try to overcome the bugs but sometimes I dont know where to look, I would like to post some pics of the bugs I have and have you guys helping me out, is that legal? since Im not the addon' author.

I also tweaking some options making some stuff default (position wise) to be able to share with some friends (girl) that knows nothing about addons and are afraid to do just so.

Please let me know so I can share with you guys.

Thank you.
08/02/14, 06:43 AM   #2
Garkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Everything depends on the license included in the addon. LUI does not come with any license, so if I'm not mistaken, it is considered "All rights reserved." and you should not redistribute modified version of this addon.

However no one will blame you if you want to make changes in your local copy.
08/02/14, 06:56 AM   #3
petteuk
Thanks Garkin, I feel more comfortable now knowing that, I was trying to contact the author but seems that it needs to go through site administrator, how that works, do I send a request and they contact the author or there is no other way, since user privacy is involved.

Once more thank you for the support.
08/02/14, 07:13 AM   #4
Garkin

If you have questions about code or bugs, don't hesitate to ask. I'll be glad to help.
08/02/14, 10:45 AM   #5
katkat42
Originally Posted by petteuk View Post
Thanks Garkin, I feel more comfortable now knowing that, I was trying to contact the author but seems that it needs to go through site administrator, how that works, do I send a request and they contact the author or there is no other way, since user privacy is involved.

Once more thank you for the support.
Also, there's usually a "Comments" section on the download page for each add-on. Most active authors and maintainers check those regularly.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Editing LUI mod can I do it?