03/27/14, 12:03 PM   #1
Tamas
AutoUpdate?

I have Minion installed on my Mac and have had no problems with downloading new addons.

However, I am unable to update. I have the autoupdate function enabled. There are autoupdate buttons next to certain addons that can be updated. However, I am unable to click on them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
03/27/14, 12:25 PM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Sorry to hear you're having trouble. I have a few questions for you.
  • You have auto update enabled under options right?
  • What are the addons requiring update?
  • What happens if you close Minion and open it again? Does it still show those AddOns as needing updates?
  • If so, disable auto update under options can you press the update button? Does it work?
  • Can you send me your minion.xml? For mac if you go to your terminal window and type:
Code:
cp ~/.minion/minion.xml ~/Desktop
You'll see a minion.xml on your desktop you can attach here. You may want to edit it and remove your email address if you were logged into Minion.

Last edited by Dolby : 03/27/14 at 12:35 PM.
03/27/14, 01:07 PM   #3
Tamas
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Sorry to hear you're having trouble. I have a few questions for you.
  • You have auto update enabled under options right?
  • What are the addons requiring update?
  • What happens if you close Minion and open it again? Does it still show those AddOns as needing updates?
  • If so, disable auto update under options can you press the update button? Does it work?
  • Can you send me your minion.xml? For mac if you go to your terminal window and type:
Code:
cp ~/.minion/minion.xml ~/Desktop
You'll see a minion.xml on your desktop you can attach here. You may want to edit it and remove your email address if you were logged into Minion.
Thanks for the response. Here are my answers to your questions:

You have auto update enabled under options right?
YES

What are the addons requiring update?
FTC, CLS, lootdrop, wykkyd's framework and outfitter

What happens if you close Minion and open it again? Does it still show those AddOns as needing updates?
Northing changes, still have the same problem.

If so, disable auto update under options can you press the update button? Does it work?
Yep, that worked. I was able to update the addons manually. I can do this as well, but would much rather be able to use the AutoUpdate function.

Can you send me your minion.xml? For mac if you go to your terminal window and type...
I am not up to par with my Mac knowledge....not sure what the terminal window is, or how to get there.
03/27/14, 02:07 PM   #4
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Thanks for the information. I'll try to reproduce the environment with the same AddOns you listed to see if I can get it to fail on my end. It has been working fine for me on my mac but I don't have the same AddOns installed so it might be something with that.

I don't think I'll need your minion.xml file. However for future reference the terminal window can be accessed by going to your applications folder, then the utilities folder.

I'll let you know what I find and will create a bug ticket so that it gets fixed in a future release.

Sorry for the trouble!
03/27/14, 03:54 PM   #5
Tamas
Thanks. It looks like any and all addons that require updating are a part of this problem. Until there is a fix, I'll manually update as needed. Please let me know if you find out anything. Thanks.
03/31/14, 01:16 AM   #6
Destabilizator
Same, the AutoUpdate button is greyed out (the global one as well as those next to addons).

Edit: now I've checked and re-checked the AutoUpdate in settings and it started working, eh.
03/31/14, 09:57 AM   #7
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Yeah there seems to be a bug with auto update. I've been playing with it this weekend. I have created a bug ticket for it to get fixed.

Sorry for the trouble.
04/03/14, 09:29 PM   #8
grobson
Work around

Unchecking and rechecking the Automatic AddOn upodate box does seem to download the updates.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » AutoUpdate?