09/18/14, 12:16 AM   #1
coffeehound
Cannot install add-ons with Minion

After the patch, I could not install the 3 add-ons I had that were no longer working. I finally found them on my C: drive (where they are not welcome; seriously, devs - stop installing your files on my C: drive when I specify the installation path is on drive F and manually ripped them out, and finally they are no longer appearing in the Add-On page from the Character Select screen.

Now I'm trying to install the updated versions, and they are not showing up in the Add-On page.

ESO path is F:/Games/ESO
Add-On path is D:/Downloads/Games/ESO

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the add-ons a few times, removed ESO from the Games list in Minion, added it back in, ensured the paths are correct (for what I specify - NOT what some dev wants to do with Windows 7's C: drive) and still no dice.

I'm open to suggestions up until the point someone thinks I should let software insert itself onto my C: drive uninvited.

Oh, and to the mods and admins of ESOUI.com - your antispam question asks me to add "twenty" and "six." The correct response is "twenty-six," not "26."
09/18/14, 12:24 AM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Is your windows documents folder on your C:? If so then that is where ESO requires the AddOns to be located. There is no changing this unless you change the default location of your windows documents folder which I don't really recommend anyone do.

C:\Users\<your username>\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live (or liveeu of on eu server)\AddOns\ is where ESO expects AddOns to be installed to.

It sounds like you are trying to tell Minion to put AddOns in the ESO Application folder or some custom folder which will not work if you want to use the AddOns in game. The AddOns are stored separately from the application folder under your windows or osx documents folder, this is how Zenimax designed their AddOn system for ESO. If I misunderstood you please let me know.

I would suggest deleting your minion.xml and restart Minion, this will reset Minion with out having to re-install. Then let minion detect the proper location to store the AddOns again. You can find that file in this thread http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236 . If you still have problems then please post your minion.xml and minion0.log so that I can see what is going on.

Thanks.

Last edited by Dolby : 09/18/14 at 12:35 AM.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Cannot install add-ons with Minion