09/25/14, 03:44 PM   #1
RVFFVS
Unhappy Minion does not start II

Hi guys,

Minion was working fine until yerterday. Today it doen't start (it shows the initial logo but anything happens after this).

The only thing different I was that relies uninstall and reinstall the libraries of C ++ 2005 (x86 and x64).

I tried to uninstall and reinstall Java (jre-7u67 - both i586 and x64) and the Minion also, but nothing changed ...

My Os is W7 x64.
Attached Files
File Type: xml minion.xml (408 Bytes, 457 views)
File Type: log minion0.log (2.6 KB, 352 views)
09/25/14, 03:55 PM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Your minion.xml looks a little strange, can you delete it and restart Minion? It may be that way because Minion is crashing but it also might be the cause.

You may also want to download and install the 32bit version of Minion. The download link is on http://minion.mmoui.com under the green download button. I've seen on some systems where java is forced to run in 32bit mode and when that happens Minion will hang on the splash screen (logo).

Minion also requires Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 redistributable x64 if you downloaded Minion from the green button. Minion should prompt you during the install processes if you'd like to install that if it sees you need it.

Last edited by Dolby : 09/25/14 at 03:59 PM.
09/26/14, 12:51 AM   #3
RVFFVS
I was deleted the xml and log archives. restarted Minion and results is the same.

I uninstalled minion 64 bit version, cleaned registers and install x32 version and, when it runs, the result was the same.

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 redistributable x64 was already installed.

New attachements were generated by x32 Minion version...
Attached Files
File Type: xml minion.xml (408 Bytes, 460 views)
File Type: log minion0.log (2.7 KB, 343 views)

Last edited by RVFFVS : 09/26/14 at 12:56 AM. Reason: I forgive about one information
10/01/14, 09:53 AM   #4
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Hi RVFFVS,

Sorry I missed your reply. This is very strange and I've sent an email to our java programmer to see if he can provide any more information on why Minion would stop after successfully performing the network test.

You say that Java7 is installed on your system? What happens if you open a windows command prompt and perform the following:

Open windows command prompt and enter (the path assumes Minion is installed in the default location):

java -jar C:\Users\your username\AppData\Local\Minion\app\Minion-jfx.jar

What error(s) do you get in return?
10/01/14, 10:58 AM   #5
RVFFVS
Dolby,

I think I was discovered the problem. My Register keys of C ++ 2010 (both x86 and x64 - really I think itīs problem about VS 2010 shell) are corrupted and some updating 'crashed' the libs.

The worst is that I can not edit/delete this register key to reinstall...

I can't change my permission's level for this register key, in Regedit, to delete it...

Last edited by RVFFVS : 10/01/14 at 01:38 PM.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion does not start II