08/08/14, 02:08 PM   #1
XSweetFreedomX
Install Minion Win64. Access is Denied.

Hello,

So I would really like to have Minion to manage my ESO addons. My girlfriend was able to install the client free of problems (running on the exact same system as me) however I cannot seem to get past the "Access is Denied." Error message whenever I try to proceed with the install. Directly from the download I open the folder and get the message "Are you sure you want to run this program" I press yes, followed by the message "This will install Minion. Do you wish to continue?" I press yes. Then the annoying Access is Denied error message. I currently am running Windows 7 64 bit. I have administrative rights on my account. Here are the troubleshooting steps I have taken so far. None of them have worked.

-Run as administrator
-Ensure that the program is accessible by all accounts.
-Re-installed and deleted previous versions multiple times.
-Re-installed and attempted with the 32 bit version.
-Run in XP compatibility mode.
-In the User Account Control Settings, changed the security to "Never Notify."
-Disabled Firewall/Antivirus programs
-Deleted the previous ESO Addon file.
-Restarted computer and re-installed everything with all different combinations of the above steps.

Attached are the screenshots of the prompts I get once running the client install as administrator.
I really appreciate any help I could receive on this matter.
Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Step 1.png
Views:	401
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	403  Click image for larger version

Name:	Step 2.png
Views:	391
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	404  Click image for larger version

Name:	Step 3.png
Views:	378
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	405  
08/08/14, 02:37 PM   #2
XSweetFreedomX
Update

I am able to run install and use Minion if it is operated through Comodo Sandbox. However, this does not actually install the software. In order to use it in this method I have to "re-install" it in the sandbox each time.. Not preferred at all. Still looking for suggestions..
08/08/14, 02:59 PM   #3
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
This is the first time I've seen this issue with Minion.

I would have told you to check your UAC settings, firewall and possibly malware settings but you've said you have already done that.

From the screen shots its not even letting the Inno setup installer start. Just to confirm those are the only screens you see? You aren't greeted with a screen like this (see attached).

I'm not sure what it could be off the top of my head. I'll do some research. It has something to do with your system not liking our Inno Setup Installer if you never get the screen shown below.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	366
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	406  
08/08/14, 03:37 PM   #4
XSweetFreedomX
Dolby, thank you for your help however I just resolved the issue. My mom informed me that even when disabling Comodo firewall some scripts still stay in place. I did a full uninstall of Comodo and now I can install. Guess I'll be finding a new firewall. Thanks for your effort though! Hurray, now I have Minion!

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Install Minion Win64. Access is Denied.