Minion 3.0.5 has been unable to connect to the internet for the past 3 days on my Windows 11 desktop. I have also been having with disconnecting and reconnecting in games, especially ESO.
I have tried the following ways to fix this:
- Install the 32-bit version of Minion.
- Install the jfx version that requires a local Java installation.
- Check my firewall settings.
- Uninstall then reinstall minion.
- Checked my network connections and Network setup.
When I checked my network connection, I noticed that WiFi was connected despite the fact that I use a hard-wired ethernet conection on my desktop so I do not need WiFi. Checked to see if Minion was working on my WiFi connected gaming laptop and it is so the problem is not WiFi so it must be having two active network connections. I took the following steps to make sure that WiFi connections were disabled on my desktop:
- Unchecked "Connect Automatically" on my desktop's WiFi connection.
- Turned off WiFi in Windows 11 (there is a software switct in Win 11).
I attempted to start Minion 3.0.5 64-bit and it immediately connected to the internet and listed my currently installed ESO AddOns. Minion connection issue fixed!