05/20/14, 12:05 PM   #1
VampericKitteh

Updating Addons

Will the addons from this site auto update? If not how do I go about updating them?
05/20/14, 12:55 PM   #2
skyraker
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by VampericKitteh View Post
Will the addons from this site auto update? If not how do I go about updating them?
If you have Minion, you can set your add-ons to auto update. If you do not, then you will need to check them on this site to see if they have been updated. The main screen typically shows the latest uploads to the site.
05/20/14, 01:13 PM   #3
VampericKitteh

Sweet Thank you very much
05/25/14, 02:09 AM   #4
syvy
How exactly do you manually update mods?

Hello, ... have spend quite a while looking around the net and not found an answer.

Exactly how do you manually update an addon ( times ten )?

Do you delete the original and download and unpack the original,
or simply download the upadate, unpack ( unzip) it and save over the top of the original?

Thank you for your time and answer
05/25/14, 03:47 AM   #5
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Unless the author has posted a note saying that you should install fresh, you can just download the update and overwrite the existing files.
05/25/14, 05:46 AM   #6
Kentarii
The way I do it:
* Add the addons I use to my favorites list (this gives the authors a feeling of being loved - Minion doesn't do this )
* Whenever an addon is updated, I get an e-mail notification
* I go to my favorites page or open the link in the email and download the zip to the AddOns directory.
* Delete the old addon directory and unzip the new version.
* /reloadui

You could use Minion of course, but I prefer to control when to update things..
05/25/14, 08:54 AM   #7
skyraker
Originally Posted by Kentarii View Post
You could use Minion of course, but I prefer to control when to update things..
You can set Minion not to auto update, and it will tell you which addons need to be so you can do it individually. But there is nothing wrong from downloading from the site either.
05/25/14, 09:59 AM   #8
syvy
Thank you for your answers. Now I feel more enthusiastic about using addons.
Thank you for pointing me at the favourites page Kentarii, that is just what I need.
06/03/14, 01:29 PM   #9
Eagleheart

Unhappy I have Minion,but where to set Addon folder in Minion

Hello.

I installed Minion and downloaded few must have addons "not any silly cords. addons for example" that make the UI look better When i set the folder for addons to be same where Minion client is located "Not he OS drive,but the one with games" then game doesn't recognize any addons :/ I would like to keep Minion and installed addons in separate drive from OS as i always do for games.

Friendly regards: Terry
06/03/14, 01:33 PM   #10
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Minion should have automatically detected the correct path.

What is listed under options for "Game AddOn Folder Path" ?

We have a seperate forum for Minion support here.
06/03/14, 01:35 PM   #11
Eagleheart

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Minion should have automatically detected the correct path.

What is listed under options for "Game AddOn Folder Path" ?

We have a seperate forum for Minion support here.
It is set as: K:\Minion Addons Software for Elder Scrolls Online

Ah thanks for the link i'll check it out

- Terry -
06/03/14, 01:39 PM   #12
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Eagleheart View Post
It is set as: K:\Minion Addons Software for Elder Scrolls Online

Ah thanks for the link i'll check it out

- Terry -
Yeah that path wont work.

ESO needs the AddOns in your documents folder...

For NA Mega server:
drive(probably C):\Users\<your windows username>\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns

FOR EU Mega server:
drive(probably C):\Users\<your windows username>\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu\AddOns

If you installed Minion2.0.9-beta.exe you should have a Minion folder inside your Windows Documents folder. If you delete the minion.xml then restart Minion it will force Minion to re detect the proper location ESO needs for the AddOns to be located so they load.

Last edited by Dolby : 06/03/14 at 01:44 PM.
06/03/14, 01:55 PM   #13
Eagleheart

Ah alright thanks.

Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Yeah that path wont work.

ESO needs the AddOns in your documents folder...

For NA Mega server:
drive(probably C):\Users\<your windows username>\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns

FOR EU Mega server:
drive(probably C):\Users\<your windows username>\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\liveeu\AddOns

If you installed Minion2.0.9-beta.exe you should have a Minion folder inside your Windows Documents folder. If you delete the minion.xml then restart Minion it will force Minion to re detect the proper location ESO needs for the AddOns to be located so they load.
Thanks for the clear good assist

That's no fun then cause i would like to keep Minion client and addons in separate from OS / Documents driver. Even Addons not big in size,but still cause of principle =) I do have plenty of exra space left on OS drive "so it won't start slowing down cause of low space",but anyways would like to keep on separate drive like Curse client. It works for example with Curse client and was hoping that would work with Minion. I installed Minion in yesterday and don't recall version.

Yeah i see a . or ,minion folder in C:\Users\Stratovarius <-- My Windows Username. and there is backups. So i guess i uninstall Minion now and then install it to default location "Documents in OS drive ? :/" What's the use of having option to change addons folder in Minion if game doesn't recognize them when changed ?

Friendly regards: Terry

UPDATE: Aah sry i missed one important part in ur message :/ Oki i'll delete that XML file now and see if it detects the ESO locations in Docs and then reinstall the addons that i've installed and are in separate drive at the moment :/ Sad that can't use them on separate drive :/

2nd Update: Aah duh nvm as my Minion is installed to other drive and only Minion.xml i find is the one in minion backups folder located in C:\Users\Stratovarius

Last edited by Eagleheart : 06/03/14 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Added some info about OS drive.
06/03/14, 02:08 PM   #14
katkat42
It is possible to tell Windows to use a different folder for your default Documents folder, but I forget how, and it's probably different for every version of the OS anyway. But, if you have your C: drive reserved for your OS, it might be worth looking into for you, I don't know.
06/03/14, 02:19 PM   #15
Eagleheart

Originally Posted by katkat42 View Post
It is possible to tell Windows to use a different folder for your default Documents folder, but I forget how, and it's probably different for every version of the OS anyway. But, if you have your C: drive reserved for your OS, it might be worth looking into for you, I don't know.
That would be nice Though maybe not needed if really those addons won't take a lot of space. Not gonna install more than maybe 10x anyways..i guess. Still would be nice to have them on separate drive than OS as all my games are cause then reading and writing would be faster and would not make OS drive messy faster than it already gets. I do Defrag at least once a week with Smart Defrag software and it's good

- Terry -

Last edited by Eagleheart : 06/03/14 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Added info
06/03/14, 03:26 PM   #16
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
During the install process of Minion you can have Minion the application installed in a different location or drive. However Elder Scrolls Online will want the addons installed under their folder (Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns) that is located in the default Documents folder.

Now you can change the location of your Windows default documents folder but I don't personally suggest it. AddOns are nothing more that documents them selfs and take up very little space.

Minion can be installed in K:\Minion\ but the AddOns need to be where ESO looks for them. Minion the program should not be installed where the AddOns are located. The application and AddOns are separate.

Last edited by Dolby : 06/03/14 at 03:38 PM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Updating Addons