05/23/14, 06:14 AM   #1
Baranthus

Question Add-ons out of date in-game????

Hey guys and gals

I just downloaded and installed the latest patch. I then fired up the game and opened up the add-on box: everything was showing as out of date. So I fired up Minion - that showed that an Auto-update had taken place. Restarted the game asfresh - add-ons still showing as bout of date. What gives? Can anyone help please?
05/23/14, 06:31 AM   #2
CrazyDutchGuy

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Patience, not every addon developer has updated yet their addons. For the moment tick the out of date option. If no errors just elave it on till every addon is updated. If an addon is not updated for a week to the new version, bug the addon dev
05/24/14, 06:49 AM   #3
skyraker
The API update didn't seem to affect most of what was used previously (think I only saw one or two depreciations with the note that they weren't usable anyway), so you should be okay to use anything that went out of date on this update.
06/25/14, 11:22 AM   #4
Desdemonte
Seems a lot of authors no longer play this game. I have out of date add-ons dating back to the Craglorn patch Too bad.....
06/25/14, 01:14 PM   #5
@AlphaLemming

In Germany i came at home at 07:30p.m. after a long working day, start downloading the 4GB patch and then reading this ...
06/25/14, 02:54 PM   #6
Flamage

As the author of Librarian, I've intentionally left my addon out-of-date, as the latest patch breaks a lot of stuff regarding saved variables and the result can be a complete loss of all my addon's data. Once we have a resolution on whether or not the changes are permanent, I'll be updating my TOC and hopefully these measures will have prevented a few more users from losing all their books.

I'm not aware of any other addons yet that suffer from the "invalid string value" bug, but I imagine for those you'd not want to enabled them right away.
06/25/14, 03:05 PM   #7
Garkin

Originally Posted by Flamage View Post
As the author of Librarian, I've intentionally left my addon out-of-date, as the latest patch breaks a lot of stuff regarding saved variables and the result can be a complete loss of all my addon's data. Once we have a resolution on whether or not the changes are permanent, I'll be updating my TOC and hopefully these measures will have prevented a few more users from losing all their books.

I'm not aware of any other addons yet that suffer from the "invalid string value" bug, but I imagine for those you'd not want to enabled them right away.
For example ZAM Notebook has issues with "invalid string value". I'm glad that I made backup of saved variables folder, so I can restore all my scripts later. And yes, I believe that this addon is out-of-date for the same reason as your Librarian.
06/25/14, 03:24 PM   #8
CrazyDutchGuy

Anyways all addons under my name are updated for latest patch (and should be working)
06/25/14, 03:41 PM   #9
katkat42
I'm testing my add-ons one by one and updating the API version if they work, and fixing them if they don't. Started last night, stayed up waaaay too late.
06/25/14, 03:58 PM   #10
Xrystal
caritas omnia vincit

Premium Member
Makes me glad I only have the one addon to worry about .. My big change will be when I have the database up and running and a new data layout for the saved variables file that will take up less space.

Glad I got to test on the PTS last night as it looks like I won't be able to test it on live. Still only 10% of the update downloaded ... and its 11pm here so guess I'll do something else and maybe get an early night for a change rofl.

Last edited by Xrystal : 06/25/14 at 04:02 PM.
06/25/14, 07:25 PM   #11
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
It took me forever to patch last night, and it was finally done right before I went to bed. I had already stayed up too late, too, writing exams for my summer school students. We're getting there.
06/26/14, 01:24 PM   #12
Sp00sty
Didn't want to start a separate thread but after reading the new Addon EULA we had to accept and the recent issues with the "@Charactername" issues actually deleting user data, and seeing some major authors unsubbing, wanted to ask.

For the staff here and authors in general, do TESO recent API actions and EULA release represent TESO beginning to pull back from opening the API in the first place? Or at minimum putting down a marker that they actually don't want addons interacting with their engine/server any longer?

Or is this the same level of relationship that has always existed and just the same level of or lack of API PRE-coordination by TESO with the addon community.

After reading the new EULA, maybe just me, but it seemed they were "verbally" discouraging the use of addons and I almost expected a paragraph stating that Addons might be "actively" discouraged in the future.
06/26/14, 02:02 PM   #13
zgrssd
Originally Posted by Sp00sty View Post
After reading the new EULA, maybe just me, but it seemed they were "verbally" discouraging the use of addons and I almost expected a paragraph stating that Addons might be "actively" discouraged in the future.
This is just standart "there are addons. We are not resposible for them" legalese.
In fact only one hing has me stumped is that this had not been part of the EULA already. I fully asumed it was there all along and it never occured to me it might be missing.
I am honestly wondering if the legal department has been sleeping all those months as this was not part of the EULA already. But I asume they had legal stuff with the Goldspamming to deal with, or other important problems.
06/26/14, 03:04 PM   #14
SkOODaT

Originally Posted by zgrssd View Post
This is just standart "there are addons. We are not resposible for them" legalese.
In fact only one hing has me stumped is that this had not been part of the EULA already. I fully asumed it was there all along and it never occured to me it might be missing.
I am honestly wondering if the legal department has been sleeping all those months as this was not part of the EULA already. But I asume they had legal stuff with the Goldspamming to deal with, or other important problems.
maby someones computer blew up and they tried to go after ZO n the last 2 months LOL thus the EULA all of a sudden being shoved at us .... and on a second note the EULA why isnt it been poted on the official fourms in addons i would think that this is some important info... deems an official post on thier site saying thier implementing it beforehand

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Add-ons out of date in-game????