11/23/22, 07:51 PM   #1
Anceane

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Alert friend on/off : can we still block the alert ?

First, i love having friends and help them, but having an alert each time they log on or off, is really ennoying when you have a lot of friends

Usually i remember i was using No thank you, but it seems that even with the function for it, the alert is not blocked anymore.

I checked in here, and googled for that, there is it seems an addon still doing this : Bandit interface, though this is way too much for me (as this addon is a package with a lot of things).

So is there actually a addon doing this or did ZOS block that possibility ?

THank you
11/24/22, 12:39 AM   #2
Masteroshi430

Originally Posted by Anceane View Post
First, i love having friends and help them, but having an alert each time they log on or off, is really ennoying when you have a lot of friends

Usually i remember i was using No thank you, but it seems that even with the function for it, the alert is not blocked anymore.

I checked in here, and googled for that, there is it seems an addon still doing this : Bandit interface, though this is way too much for me (as this addon is a package with a lot of things).

So is there actually a addon doing this or did ZOS block that possibility ?

THank you
No thank you works for me for that feature, are you sure you downloaded the right version?
11/24/22, 01:50 AM   #3
Anceane

Originally Posted by Masteroshi430 View Post
No thank you works for me for that feature, are you sure you downloaded the right version?
I was wondering today, because i say the original version and one updated for blackwood

It seems i took the blackwood version 10.9

I will test to go back to the original version, but from memory the blackwood added this :
- compatible with update30 (Blackwood)
- added Leyawiin Outskirts Wayshrine to Capital Wayshrines on world map
- added "Don't rotate game camera while showing status" setting option
- added "Don't rotate game camera while showing inventory" setting option

so i guess i will have to choose between one or the other version ?

hummm i am not going back and the other version is outdated and abandonned. I will compare the two version to see if something is missing concerning the friends alert

OK, after checking all my other addons, i remembered that LUI extended has a module concerning announcements. I guess those two were in conflict. I will see fast enough if that is the case if i dont have any friends on off messages.
Thank you without you i would not have thought to check this

--- Problem solved --- no more messages
as i saw that some member are thinking also that NTY has the message friend issue, i will post in it explaining that if they have LUI extended or any other addon that could be in conflict with it, they should check it

Last edited by Anceane : 11/24/22 at 02:13 AM.
11/24/22, 02:04 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Maybe any other addon you use is breaking No Thank You's feature? Try NTY alone without any other addon!
If I remember correctly other chat related addons like pChat / rChat etc. had to hook into the same events and sometimes both/multiple of these addons in combination did not function properly due to ZOs changes chat hook methods a few years ago.

Last edited by Baertram : 11/24/22 at 11:19 AM.
11/24/22, 09:26 AM   #5
Anceane

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Maybe any other addon you use is breaking No Thank You's feature? Try NTY alone without any other addon!
If I remember correctlky other chat related addons like pChat / rChat etc. had to jook into the same events and sometimes both/multiple of these addons in combination did not function properly due to ZOs changes chat hook methods a few years ago.

thank you Baertram, i found out it was LUI extended. Since i unchecked the part of the module concerning friends alert, NTY is working fine again
11/24/22, 11:21 AM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Those nasty cross connections, they are everywhere...
Thanks for the info Anceane, and for the comment at the addons too! (that helps other users), very kind of you.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Alert friend on/off : can we still block the alert ?