03/11/19, 08:21 AM   #1
iarao
would be ever so grateful if someone could pls

update circonian's FilterIt. it is now broken. very simple addon to use w/o all the extras that can confuse us old peeps
03/11/19, 11:06 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It is abandoned and noone will update it since years as there is no time and no need:
Please use AdvancedFilters BETA as a replacement. It does the pretty same.
It's basic without any extras and shouldn't confuse you. Simple to select only the items you want to see.
Works for crafting stations too since the BETA.

In addition there are plugins which give some extra filters for AdvancedFilters, if you like to get confused (e.g. only show sets, only show items with level 30 - 50, etc.).
03/11/19, 04:42 PM   #3
Tonyleila

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
It is abandoned and noone will update it since years as there is no time and no need:
It's basic without any extras and shouldn't confuse you. Simple to select only the items you want to see.

In addition there are plugins which give some extra filters for AdvancedFilters, if you like to get confused (e.g. only show sets, only show items with level 30 - 50, etc.).
how about Circonians SortIt ? I loved it so much and never fond a replacment that just works.

e.g. Quality Sort is doing part of it but you got to klick the button every time you open the inventory.. and then the gear is still not sorted like not all weapons together etc.

I'd prefere: Quality > Type of item/gear (weapons to weapons, axes to axes, rings to rings, rings to necks etc > Armor type> Level)

This is the way its sorted in WoW and I think many woud prefere it, I just can't get warm with having to klick 3-4 times to find an item (with a searchbar or with a filter addon), it has to be in the same place every time even if I get new items the gold items have to stay in the old place!

Last edited by Tonyleila : 03/11/19 at 05:11 PM.
03/11/19, 05:17 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Maybe one of these:

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...ategories.html
-> Build categories for the qualities and itemtypes and name them something like !topmost to see it at the top

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...Inventory.html

I had looked into Circonian's SortIt in the past but it was setup on a time as the inventory stuff looked way other then today. So it would take weeks to get into this and make it work as standalone. And then just think about compatibility issues with all the other inventory addons out there...
No Sir, I'm sorry, but this would take way too much time to handle for me.
I'm sad, I liked the addon too.
Maybe someone else is willing to take it over. I hope so.
03/11/19, 05:41 PM   #5
Tonyleila

Maybe one of these:

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...ategories.html
-> Build categories for the qualities and itemtypes and name them something like !topmost to see it at the top

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info...Inventory.html

I had looked into Circonian's SortIt in the past but it was setup on a time as the inventory stuff looked way other then today. So it would take weeks to get into this and make it work as standalone. And then just think about compatibility issues with all the other inventory addons out there...
No Sir, I'm sorry, but this would take way too much time to handle for me.
I'm sad, I liked the addon too.
Maybe someone else is willing to take it over. I hope so.

Auto Category is dead as far as I know and it crashed my game very often even when it was still maintained.

Rulebased Inventory looks like a Bank Manager to me. it has sorting options?

Maybe a basic version without all the options to change the sorting directions? Coud be only adjustable in the lua for me. Even if you coud tell me how to fix Quality Sort so that the sorting is always present when I open the bags it woud help a lot! Or maybe if MrPlow - Inventory Sorter woud work again, thats shoud be more easy to fix since its based on Advanced Filters?
03/11/19, 06:21 PM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Not that easy @QualitySort.
You need to check for the fragments (inventory, bank withdraw, etc.) and apply a StateChanged callback function to it:
Here is an example for a scene StateChange
https://wiki.esoui.com/Scene_Manager:_On_scene_change

Fragments are below a scene and are reusable, like inventory fragment is used in inventory and player bank deposit e.g.

Then at SCENE_STATE_SHOWN or SCENE_FRGAMENT_STATE_SHOWN (or similar) state one needs to check the savedvars which sorting was applied last to the current sortheader.
And then reapply it.

At SCENE_STATE_HIDING one needs to save the current sorting order of the sort header to the savedvars.

I think there is no function to even change the sortheader "to the sort order you want to" but you'd need to simulate a press on the sortheader, if the current sort order is wrong. Not sure if there is a API fucntion to do this in other ways.
03/11/19, 06:38 PM   #7
Tonyleila

Not that easy @QualitySort.
You need to check for the fragments (inventory, bank withdraw, etc.) and apply a StateChanged callback function to it:
Here is an example for a scene StateChange
https://wiki.esoui.com/Scene_Manager:_On_scene_change

Fragments are below a scene and are reusable, like inventory fragment is used in inventory and player bank deposit e.g.

Then at SCENE_STATE_SHOWN or SCENE_FRGAMENT_STATE_SHOWN (or similar) state one needs to check the savedvars which sorting was applied last to the current sortheader.
And then reapply it.

At SCENE_STATE_HIDING one needs to save the current sorting order of the sort header to the savedvars.

I think there is no function to even change the sortheader "to the sort order you want to" but you'd need to simulate a press on the sortheader, if the current sort order is wrong. Not sure if there is a API fucntion to do this in other ways.
So you can't force it to just STAY always in that sort order after I selected it once? I mean Circonians addon and also MrPlow did that buy I guess thats the complicated part then :/
03/12/19, 01:45 PM   #8
iarao

yes i am now forced to use AF. filter it was much simpler and easier to use, overall, if that was all you needed. i just find AF cumbersome to use. i used to use it a while back until i found filter it. it was much easier to make my junk folder a sorting folder with filter it.
03/12/19, 01:48 PM   #9
iarao
Originally Posted by Tonyleila View Post
how about Circonians SortIt ? I loved it so much and never fond a replacment that just works.

e.g. Quality Sort is doing part of it but you got to klick the button every time you open the inventory.. and then the gear is still not sorted like not all weapons together etc.

I'd prefere: Quality > Type of item/gear (weapons to weapons, axes to axes, rings to rings, rings to necks etc > Armor type> Level)

This is the way its sorted in WoW and I think many woud prefere it, I just can't get warm with having to klick 3-4 times to find an item (with a searchbar or with a filter addon), it has to be in the same place every time even if I get new items the gold items have to stay in the old place!

ty, but sort it wont do what i want it to do. of course, if ZOS would just let us make folders and label them, that would work great!

Last edited by iarao : 03/12/19 at 02:05 PM.
03/12/19, 02:02 PM   #10
iarao
Originally Posted by Tonyleila View Post

This is the way its sorted in WoW and I think many would prefer it, I just can't get warm with having to klick 3-4 times to find an item (with a searchbar or with a filter addon), it has to be in the same place every time even if I get new items the gold items have to stay in the old place!
ty. neither of these works like filter it. i could mark each item in such a way as to know exactly what i was going to do with it: save, mail, vend, sell at trader, trade, decon, glyph decon, upgrade, refine, research and maybe more i cant remember. it may actually have had more stuff i could do with it, but since i dont know that, those things never got in the way of the basic things i needed to do. AF will sometimes obscure the items in my bag until i push one of the toggles at the bottom right, sometimes more than once.
03/12/19, 05:34 PM   #11
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
FCOItemSaver does the pretty same with its dynamic icons. Allows to filter them and only show them, mass mark and protect them.

And use the AF beta, it fixed several bugs in original AF plus supports crafting stations etc. Now.

Originally Posted by iarao View Post
ty. neither of these works like filter it. i could mark each item in such a way as to know exactly what i was going to do with it: save, mail, vend, sell at trader, trade, decon, glyph decon, upgrade, refine, research and maybe more i cant remember. it may actually have had more stuff i could do with it, but since i dont know that, those things never got in the way of the basic things i needed to do. AF will sometimes obscure the items in my bag until i push one of the toggles at the bottom right, sometimes more than once.
03/21/19, 04:57 PM   #12
Gamer1986PAN
I used FilterIt a long time as well, but if you managed the FCO-Item-Saver Settings its way better (i love the filter buttons on the bottom).
Since Baertram managed it with Advanced Filters to grey out empty subcategorys like FilterIt does it and you are able to use unique IDs on weapons its a 100% replacement. (only the counter of the displayed items on the bottom looks like worked better with filterit.)

Use Advanced Filters Beta, GearSetsSort and Quality Sort with it and you have pretty much all you really need.

But i can understand why you miss FilterIt i loved it as well. But its worth to change to FCO-Item-Saver.
03/21/19, 06:01 PM   #13
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Itemcount at the bottom is working perfetcly fine for me
Tested with AF beta, FCOIS, FCOCraftFilter, AwesomeGuildStore (pre beta so this could be a problem if the actual new beta is not updating the count).
If you found a bug or way to reproduce false data send me a PM. Thanks.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » would be ever so grateful if someone could pls